Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed s8 Vantage
Resmed s8 Vantage
I have downloaded software for my S8 and it looks as if there is no card slot in the back. Does this mean I cannot get the data and I don't need the download?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed s8 Vantage
(08-30-2015, 06:02 PM)Bob Schaefer Wrote: I have downloaded software for my S8 and it looks as if there is no card slot in the back. Does this mean I cannot get the data and I don't need the download?
[Image: resmed33039s8elite4.3.jpg] [Image: resmeds8datacardsingle.1.jpg]

The S8 uses data card (not SD card), only goes in the back of the machine when you copy the data to the card
You'll need the data card and the special data card reader, available on-line or ebay

I'm not sure about your machine if report any efficacy data, or just hours using the machine ... if the latter, not worth seeking the data card or the reader, would be waste of money and the money might be better invested in a newer data capable machine such as Phillips Resorioncis System One Auto 560 or ResMed S9 AutoSet
Both uses SD card and supported by SleepyHead software, download link is at the top of the page

Supplier #2 is a reliable source for reasonably priced used and new machines
Supplier List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed s8 Vantage
Only ResScan works with the S8 vantage. The Vantage is an auto CPAP. It uses a proprietary smartcard reader. It may be difficult to get the card reader working right with device drivers, etc.

It does report AHI. I'm not sure if it gives any further details about AHI vs. time, and pressure vs. time, other than nightly averages. It does NOT distinguish central apnea from obstructive, it just reports it as apnea.

The fully data capable ResMed S9, A10, and PRS1 machines report MUCH more data, use SD cards, and work with SleepyHead. Not all models of these machines are fully data capable. There are some details in the Useful Links in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.