Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead,sleep master,windows10
Sleepyhead,sleep master,windows10
Has any one used sleepyhead and sleep master on windows 10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead,sleep master,windows10
Google this:
"Sleepyhead and Windows 10" (Use the quotes)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did that and all that came up was this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead 0.9.8.1 appears to work OK. Very limited testing in a virtual machine. I had to run the BrokenGL version, probably due to the virtual machine.

Win 8 would mess up SD cards for S9 machines unless you locked the SD card or made some config changes. I can't test that on my setup.

Why are you asking about Win10. I would definitely NOT go to the Win10 upgrade for quite some time after they release it, if I had a choice.

Edit - SleepyHead worked. I haven't used sleep master.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am asking about it because I am probably going to buy a new computer with windows 10 as the operarating system. Just doing some pre investigating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you won't be able to but a computer with a legit non-beta Windows 10 until around July. Anyone who sells you a machine with Win 10 today is selling you a test version, not the final product.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using Sleepyhead on Windows 10 for a couple months without any issues. The notebook I'm using it on is on the "slow" builds. If you subscribe to the "fast" builds, Windows 10 is a little less stable.

That's not to say there haven't been issues with Windows 10. I'm just saying that Sleepyhead seems to work fine on Windows 10. I use it every day. The issues I've had with Windows 10 are due to the fact that it is still a test build of Windows and some updates can break things. If you're not tech savvy, I'd recommend waiting for the actual release of Windows 10 in July. For mission critical computers, I usually recommend waiting until the first service pack has been released although the upgrade to Windows 10 is only free for people with Windows 7 and 8 for the first year.

I haven't used Sleep Master. I have a wifi SD card, but the Airsense 10 erases it whenever it finds the config files and I find it easier to just put the SD card in my notebook and import the data.

Windows 10 will have the same issue as Windows 8 with the SD cards. Either write protect the card or disable indexing on removable devices. In the Windows 10 Group Policy Editor, go into Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Search and then double click on "Do not allow locations on removable drives to be added to libraries" and select "Enabled". It might seem a bit counter intuitive, but you're enabling the option to "do not allow..." which will prevent Windows from writing files to the SD card. That should on Windows 8 too if you have the pro version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a new computer with windows 8 which I do not want but it will be available for a windows 10 update when it is available. I am just doing my homework as far as what to expect.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using it on a machine running the Windows 10 preview (fast updates) and it has run the same as it did on Windows 8.1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I just upgraded to win 10. Fumbling around but so far, everything seems to work. More concerned about SH and Rescan. I can fix anything else. They both seem to work. I ALWAYS lock my card from my Autoset, so should be no issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,830 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Sleep Master 6.0 Jack_Russell_Fan 66 20,145 05-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  SleepyHead Time vs Actual Sleep Time DreamR 9 2,027 02-15-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  FlashAir - why flashpap or sleep master? BlueDragon75 21 4,673 08-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleep Master Data Viewer Issue jrdnduvall 21 5,182 04-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Sleep Master LarryRapp 14 2,982 12-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Last Post: LarryRapp
  [Admin Note] Sleep data needed for Sleep Master development! Jack_Russell_Fan 21 5,856 11-30-2017, 04:54 AM
Last Post: sammiller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.