Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead software stopped reading data
Sleepyhead software stopped reading data
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Hi, everyone. Have any ideas why Sleepyhead software stopped reading data from my SD card? For the last three days, after I import, Sleepyhead tells me "No Data" for the previous night. I know the data is there because I can import and view it with ResScan.

Thanks,
Michelle
RE: Sleepyhead software stopped reading data
(08-20-2012, 11:10 AM)sheiman Wrote: Hi, everyone. Have any ideas why Sleepyhead software stopped reading data from my SD card? For the last three days, after I import, Sleepyhead tells me "No Data" for the previous night. I know the data is there because I can import and view it with ResScan.

Are you importing with Data > Import, or are you clicking on the Import icon in the right panel? If the latter, are you selecting "the usual" or some other option?

Sleepyhead is a bit confusing when it comes to telling it where to look for the data. Maybe you're pointing it to the wrong place, which is a very common user error.
(08-20-2012, 11:45 AM)JJJ Wrote: Are you importing with Data > Import, or are you clicking on the Import icon in the right panel? If the latter, are you selecting "the usual" or some other option?

Hello! I am using the Import icon and selecting "the usual." I've been doing this successfully for two months; then it stopped importing.

HOWEVER....I have found a workaround. I just chose "new location" instead of "the usual" and for the new location, I selected the same ol' location. That worked, at least for today. I will check tomorrow and see if the problem returns or is resolved.

Filed a low-priority bug on Sourceforge, since it seems like it is easily resolved with the workaround.

THANKS!
Michelle
Hi sheiman, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question but hopefully, what you tried will work tomorrow. Keep checking back into the board for more suggestions. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
(08-20-2012, 01:24 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi sheiman, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thanks and TTYS!

Michelle
I have had some prombles with SH but in my case it shows all of data in Statistics and overview but only two weeks in the daily,when you go back say 30 days it has no data in the window when i load ResScan it works fine with all of the data
Oh-jeez

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry A. Kissinger
(08-25-2012, 08:27 PM)lonnieb Wrote: I have had some prombles with SH but in my case it shows all of data in Statistics and overview but only two weeks in the daily,when you go back say 30 days it has no data in the window when i load ResScan it works fine with all of the data
Oh-jeez

ResMed CPAPs delete older data. It deletes the "high resolution" data like airflow waveforms weekly, some other data monthly, and keeps the rest for 365 days. (Or something like that.)

ResScan and SleepyHead will keep the old data on your computer, but the data won't be on the SD memory card. If you start a new copy of SH or ResScan, or a new patient file, you will only see whats on the data card the first time you read it.

It's a good idea to copy the entire contents of the SD card to a directory on your computer with today's date every so often. That way, you'll have the data to read in the future with SleepyHead if you lose the old data in the program. It's a lot more difficult to get ResScan to read stored data like that.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
archangle wrote
ResScan and SleepyHead will keep the old data on your computer, but the data won't be on the SD memory card. If you start a new copy of SH or ResScan, or a new patient file, you will only see whats on the data card the first time you read it.

archangle:is the data on my pc from 6 months ago somewere?

(08-26-2012, 08:45 AM)lonnieb Wrote: archangle wrote

archangle:is the data on my pc from 6 months ago somewere?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, and don't use ResScan that much myself.

How I think it works: ResScan reads the raw data off the SD card, analyzes it, crunches it, and stores the results. The results get stored in files somewhere on your computer for a long time, if not forever. I doubt it saves the raw data, or saves the data in a format that can be read by other programs, but that's possible.

SleepyHead has an option where it copies the raw data from the SD card and saves it on your PC until you erase it.

Once SleepyHead or ResScan has "seen" your high resolution data for the past week or so, it will keep showing that old data until you do something to erase it or you have some sort of error in the program. The S9 machine deletes old data off the SD card, so if you don't put the card in your machine every week or so, some high resolution data will never get to your computer at all and it will be lost.

I don't think there's a way to get the old data from ResScan and let SleepyHead see it, if that's what you're asking.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
archangle
thanks thats what i was asking,i didn't find the data on my pc but i do have it in ResScan,I did find files but its like you say I could not read them,it all loads up with ResScan so I an good,once again thank you
Sleep-well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 992 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 240 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,126 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 386 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 670 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.