Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead stopped recognizing profile
Sleepyhead stopped recognizing profile
After three months Sleepyhead software does not recognize my profile or historical date.  It asks me to set up another profile and upload backup data.  When I do I have only summary data and NO details (AHI, pressure, graphs, etc).  What do I do?   Should I delete and reload the software?   How do I save my data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead stopped recognizing profile
Check your Sleepyhead data folder to see if your original data is still there.

The data folder is created in your documents folder by default. If you open your documents and you see your sleepyhead data folder there, open Sleepyhead and see if it is still pointing to that folder. You can find out where Sleepyhead is looking for the data by selecting Help > About Sleepyhead. The current location of your data folder is there at the top.

[Image: rUC3PD2.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, my location says /volumes/Sleepyhead.

I think it is the right location because I can see the folders on my computer and it shows my profile, but when I try and open Sleepyhead it asks me to set u a new profile!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're using a mac?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes!  I see all the backup data, but the sleepyhead app does not seem to connect.   It keeps asking me to start over adding the profile info, then when I restart the app it does the same thing.   Can't even get to where it asks me to select profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a permissions issue but I don't know enough about a mac to be of any help. Hopefully someone can assist.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks!

Ok, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Sleepyhead data being under /Volumes/ implies you're storing it on an external disk or drive; is that correct?

I also use a Mac, but I'm not sure what's the cause of your problem. I created a backup of my data and then experimented a bit with changing the profile name, misplacing it, etc. In order to reproduce the issue I had to delete my profile folder (the folder that has my name).

I will think about it some more.
Post Reply Post Reply
To my knowledge, I have not  deleted my profile file.  When I logged into sleepyhead it keeps asking me to set up a new profile. When I do that, it asked me to restart my computer and when I do that, the new profile is gone. 

Ps  I took my computer into Apple yesterday to deal with a computer issue, so I will not have my computer for the next few days.  Let me see if when I get my computer back that makes any difference.
I may not have my computer back until Friday or Monday. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
To clarify, do not delete your profile folder Smile that was just for testing. When you get the computer back I would start by confirming the profile folder is there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 2 76 Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Last Post: kderevan
  Data went to wrong profile Poolboy 4 66 04-20-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,349 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 255 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 275 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 201 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,865 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.