Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead thinks I have a Respironics when I have a Resmed
Sleepyhead thinks I have a Respironics when I have a Resmed
I imported from my card for the first time and the readout says I have a respironics, when I have a resmed.  Any way for me to fix that? 

It shows no AHI, when my “myAir” app says I have (0.6/hour last night)

(05-29-2018, 07:05 AM)honeybadger79 Wrote: I imported from my card for the first time and the readout says I have a respironics, when I have a resmed.  Any way for me to fix that? 

It shows no AHI, when my “myAir” app says I have (0.6/hour last night)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead thinks I have a repitonics when I have a Resmed
Pic...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead thinks I have a Respironics when I have a Resmed
Did you use a bipap prior to the ResMed?  #SleepyHead shows a bipap in use from 2014-2015.

Just trying to figure it out.   Dont-know

If it were me, I would simply buy a new SD card for the ResMed. SH should accept the ResMed SD card without any problems.

You can also start a new profile in SH for the ResMed machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. This is my first machine, but I have a feeling that there is data on the card from prior to my receipt of the machine.  Perhaps someone else had this card and it was recycled into my machine before being sent to me?

Kinda crazy. I hope I didn’t get a used machine! Been using it about two years
Post Reply Post Reply
That profile is not fiction. The card you inserted contains a folder called p-series, and that is for Respironics machines. Take a look at the files and folders on your SD card. You may have both, or your Resmed machine may not be writing information due to the presence of the Respironics files. You can format the card or get a new one. FAT32.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2018, 09:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That profile is not fiction. The card you inserted contains a folder called p-series, and that is for Respironics machines.  Take a look at the files and folders on your SD card.  You may have both, or your Resmed machine may not be writing information due to the presence of the Respironics files.  You can format the card or get a new one.  FAT32.

Thank you for that. What a shame that I can’t trust any data from the last few years.  I think’ll reformat like you suggest.  

The “MyAir” app has been getting data just fine.  I suppose the 3g connection is completely independant from the card.

I wonder if anything from the ResMed’s memory will still be there and write to a new card
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that your DME recycled a SD card without wiping the data first. Not a good move. The previous machine your card was in was a PR System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto SV Advanced, and you have that patient's confidential data. Whoever had that machine did not seem to need ASV and they ran it like a fixed BiPAP with EPAP at 5 and IPAP at 11. They had a lot of leaks and a very low AHI. So we already know more about them than we do of you. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if anything from the ResMed’s memory will still be there and write to a new card
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2018, 09:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It seems that your DME recycled a SD card without wiping the data first.  Not a good move.  The previous machine your card was in was a PR System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto SV Advanced, and you have that patient's confidential data.  Whoever had that machine did not seem to need ASV and they ran it like a fixed BiPAP with EPAP at 5 and IPAP at 11.  They had a lot of leaks and a very low AHI.   So we already know more about them than we do of you. Smile

Did it show nothing about me?
Post Reply Post Reply
honeybadger79,
Be sure to order the Clinicians manual for your machine if you haven’t already done so.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Also check the machine/blower hours against your usage hours, just to be sure you weren’t given a used machine. Heck, if they gave you a recycled SD card from a Respironics machine....just saying!

And no, there was no data from the ResMed machine on #SleepyHead. The ResMed should still show summary data when you get the correct SD card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 656 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 2,838 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data Mersim85 11 1,068 01-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Respironics and disabling VS2 event spetzal 2 533 12-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: spetzal
  Respironics Series 60 Time setting software Moriarty 10 1,669 11-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: hybernate
  Importing SpO2 data so that AirSense thinks that it recorded it? cathyf 9 1,684 02-06-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR and Respironics M Series teiksef 3 737 11-21-2021, 05:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.