Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure=Stats
Pressure=Stats
Sleepyhead show me Mask Pressure and Pressure: mask pressure typically runs lower-Why?

What is the difference between the two?
I get a third reading in the RES MEd software, Why is that?

Which one correlates best to the pressure setting on my machine?
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure=Stats
I'm not totally sure but my understanding is this: Pressure is recorded as the nominal output from the flow generator. It is a low resolution record, with a sampling rate lower than one per second. What is charted is therefore only an approximation of the actual pressure at any given time. The mask pressure is high resolution data, recorded near as dammit to real-time. It shows all the little ups and downs which occur, such as the pressure dropping for EPR and the little pressure pulses when the machine is trying to diagnose an apnea. ResScan refers to this trace as Pressure (High rate) which is the same as SleepyHead's mask pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure=Stats
(03-12-2016, 09:09 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I'm not totally sure but my understanding is this: Pressure is recorded as the nominal output from the flow generator. It is a low resolution record, with a sampling rate lower than one per second. What is charted is therefore only an approximation of the actual pressure at any given time. The mask pressure is high resolution data, recorded near as dammit to real-time. It shows all the little ups and downs which occur, such as the pressure dropping for EPR and the little pressure pulses when the machine is trying to diagnose an apnea. ResScan refers to this trace as Pressure (High rate) which is the same as SleepyHead's mask pressure.

THANKS PAUL
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 837 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Can Oscar recompute daily stats for a user-selection part of a day? FLsleeper7 6 603 02-17-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: FLsleeper7
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 747 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Cant Find RERA Data in Stats Snooks 10 1,499 03-23-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Snooks
  OSCAR Request: Update Oximetry Stats for Integrated Oximeter bollar 1 621 07-15-2021, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Stats Range BillMar 0 733 06-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Last Post: BillMar
Idea OSCAR Statistics page - Flow Limit stats? becker44a 0 704 04-26-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: becker44a

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.