Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead using Icon auto / Flow chart
Sleepyhead using Icon auto / Flow chart
Hi All,

A seventy year-old here. On therapy now twenty years and wouldn't be without it.......

I'm new to using sleepyhead with a comparatively new F&P Icon auto.  I've read the manuals and have a problem that one of you perhaps can help me with?  The Flow chart is missing from my download.  I have managed to ascertain that the Icon auto does record the data once the card is in the machine.  I also gather that it collects 7 days info at a time.  Maybe I'm being impatient ( I only downloaded the software three days ago) and the chart may suddenly appear.

Any takers?

Thanking you all in advance....

JMcG

PS  All other data is there from initiation (March 2018)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead using Icon auto / Flow chart
Hi  John McGowan  -   Welcome

What version of #SleepyHead are you using?  You might try an older version, like 0.9.8-Testing.  Here is the link, SleepyHead - Version 0.9.8.1-Testing

Also, here is a thread from "Way back then" discussing the same problem.  I hope it may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks Crimson Nape.  Should I delete the present version and data before I reload your suggestion?

TIA
JMcG
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I would delete the folders because the latter versions have implemented various "enhancements" since 0.9.8 that may trip it up.  If you're computer savvy, you may wish to delete the registry entry as well.  It is located under, "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jedimark".

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a bug in Oscar code that prevents reading icon auto flow data since 1/1/2015.  If someone would fix the following line, it would read Icon Auto again. 

icon_loader.cpp line 846:

if (ts > QDateTime(QDate(2015,1,1), QTime(0,0,0)).toTime_t()) {
        return false;
    }

It is supposed to eliminate some bad timestamps.
I use the following line instead:

if (ts < QDateTime(QDate(2013,2,1), QTime(0,0,0)).toTime_t() || ts > QDateTime::currentDateTime().toTime_t()) { 
        return false;
    }
Post Reply Post Reply
A better solution is to make the invalid date something too early - like 1 January 2010 - which happens at line 360, and then reverse the test in line 486 against the earlier date.

Change committed for the next release.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and suggesting a fix.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you meant line 486 rather than 846?

What can you tell me about "bad timestamps" in the FLW file? Do you know the history, or what it is trying to eliminate? is 2/1/2013 some kind of magic date for the icon FLW file?

Your test may get confused by timezone or DST changes (we had the same test and a DST problem in the ResMed loader). I recommend you allow timestamps sometime in the future. Perhaps,

QDateTime::currentDateTime().toTime_t().addDays(7)

I'll include your fix, or something similar, when I update icon_loader.cpp. (Icon_loader does try to process sleepstyle records, and fails utterly. I am breaking sleepstyle support into a separate sleepstyle loader. This should be available later this year.)
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, line 486.
Feb 1 2013 is only a magic number for me because that is when I got my machine.  It should be the date when icons were first available.
Line 360 checks if the timestamp is a valid date, not a reasonable date.

The FLW timestamp can occasionally be off by many years.

The DET files are worse and can have several problems in one file:
    Random timestamp
    Index points past end of file
    Data block goes past end of file
    Garbage data (usually random data followed by a large block of FF)

I have also written some code to reject the DET errors
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your participation! We are always overjoyed when people contribute to the OSCAR project.

We would be more than happy to include your code to reject DET errors. If you have any other improvements to the icon loader, let us know and we can include them if they are of general use.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the best way to send you changes?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 857 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  95% flow limitationm goodn 2 519 11-24-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chart Organization in Oscar 1.5 theMezz 5 596 09-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: theMezz
  OSCAR selected-period flow-limit JohnPasha 0 464 08-02-2023, 02:08 AM
Last Post: JohnPasha
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 773 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.