Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0 -- problem with Win XP?
Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0 -- problem with Win XP?
I am using (on trial) a PRS1 60 Series auto-bipap. I downloaded Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0 to two computers. One computer uses Win 7 and Sleepyhead works fine. The other computer is old and uses Win XP Professional, Service Pack 3. With the Win XP computer, the labels and numbers on the daily graphs are hard to read. Also, the numbers on the left side of the graph, on the vertical ordinate, do not line up with the horizontal lines on the graph. I downloaded Sleepyhead v9.1 and v9.2 on the Win XP computer and the labels and numbers are fine. The problem is only with Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0.

My Win XP computer is a laptop which I use for traveling. So I would like to fix the problem if I can. Unfortunately, the earlier versions of Sleepyhead, which display without problems, will not download info from a 60 series machine.

My guess is that there is a bug in Sleepyhead that prevents Win XP computers from showing labels and numbers clearly and that there is nothing I can do to fix the problem. Am I correct?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0 -- problem with Win XP?
Is this the bug?

http://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/149/

Seems someone reported something similar against the 0.9_beta code in June (although using Windows 8, not XP). Still an open issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2013, 07:22 PM)Paptillian Wrote: Is this the bug?

http://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/149/

Seems someone reported something similar against the 0.9_beta code in June (although using Windows 8, not XP). Still an open issue.

Yes, the problem reported by the person with Windows 8 looks like the problem I am having with Win XP. Am I correct, that there is nothing I can do about the problem (except report it)?

Can you help with two other Sleepyhead matters?

1. I want to report to the Sleepyhead people the problem I am having with Win XP. But I couldn't figure out where to go in the Sleepyhead program to open a dialogue box for reporting bugs.

2. I wanted to take a screenshot of a daily report to illustrate the problem I have, like the screenshot presented by the person with the Win 8 problem. I go to View, select Take Screenshot, and right click. But I can't figure out where to go to retrieve the screenshot. It's as though I never took the screenshot.

Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea 1, sorry I don't know much about getting support for SleepyHead but there's a little bit of information here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/support

Hang in there. I think that since it's already reported the author knows about it but probably hasn't been able to fix it yet.

If you can, I'd suggest letting them know that you're seeing it on XP as well, and see if you can get your screenshots added to the ticket.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you changed the DPI settings for your display to something other than the Windows default?

That screws up a lot of programs.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the screenshot question, after you take the screenshot you have to open "Paint" or some other such program and then choose "paste" to get it into a medium you can see and work with. From there you can crop it or whatever and then save it to file.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2013, 03:55 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: On the screenshot question, after you take the screenshot you have to open "Paint" or some other such program and then choose "paste" to get it into a medium you can see and work with. From there you can crop it or whatever and then save it to file.

Thanks. I don't know what "Paint" is. Would Photoshop Elements work?

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know about Photoshop, but you should have paint pre-installed with Windows. Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories - "Paint" should be in there.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2013, 03:45 PM)archangle Wrote: Have you changed the DPI settings for your display to something other than the Windows default?

That screws up a lot of programs.

The screen resolution is set for 1920 x 1200. This is the highest resolution I can set the laptop for. I assume this is the default value but I really don't know. As an experiment, I tried a lower resolution. It changed things but did not fix the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
In order to leave Bug information on the SourceForge website, you would have to create an account there if you didn't have one already. It is free to create an account.

Hope that helps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 563 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 732 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 719 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 551 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre
  Bmc paplink software link problem Psychotech 8 1,568 06-28-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.