Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0 -- problem with Win XP?
RE: Sleepyhead v0.9.3-0 -- problem with Win XP?
Make sure you are selecting the root of the SD card partition (eg. J:\) rather than any sub-folders therein as the import location.

Are you sure you have SleepyHead v0.9.3? The latest REMstar machines have apparently changed their data format, and only the latest SleepyHead version is able to read them. You can get the latest Windows SleepyHead distribution here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have SleepHead v0.9.2-1 which seems to be the only version that I see. I tried the link that you provided below, but could not find .9.37.

Phil

(07-03-2013, 02:51 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Make sure you are selecting the root of the SD card partition (eg. J:\) rather than any sub-folders therein as the import location.

Are you sure you have SleepyHead v0.9.3? The latest REMstar machines have apparently changed their data format, and only the latest SleepyHead version is able to read them. You can get the latest Windows SleepyHead distribution here.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using Mac or Linux? I think I read that 0.9.3 is only available for Windows at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2013, 05:25 PM)pdeli Wrote: I have SleepHead v0.9.2-1 which seems to be the only version that I see. I tried the link that you provided below, but could not find .9.37.

Firstly, that explains why your SleepyHead is unable to read the data.

Secondly, that wasn't a '7'. That was a question mark '?'. The link that I provided does a direct download of the .9.3 version of the software. Eventually. There are re-directions and proxies that have to resolve before the download begins. Give it a minute or so.

If you want to find the file yourself, you can go to the SleepyHead main page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/. DO NOT PRESS THE GREEN DOWNLOAD BUTTON. That will get the wrong version. Instead, just below the green Download button, press Browse All Files. Look for the entry for "SleepyHead-0.9.3-beta-win32-setup.exe". For me, it was the first file. Select that, and you get exactly the same URL as I provided.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, it's a Windows XP laplop. No matter where I go, I only see .9.2-1

(07-03-2013, 05:27 PM)Paptillian Wrote: Are you using Mac or Linux? I think I read that 0.9.3 is only available for Windows at the moment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the direct link for 0.9.3-0:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project...irror=iweb

The file download starts 5 seconds after you open the above link. Make sure you have not disabled pop-ups for sourceforge.net

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so yesterday my .9.1 Sleepyhead program showed no updates available, and when I downloaded yet another SleepyHead.exe yesterday, it was still .9.1. But today the download came in as .9.3. I have no idea what was different today, but it seems that now all is well, and my data has been downloaded, and I thank you.

Phil

(07-03-2013, 02:51 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Make sure you are selecting the root of the SD card partition (eg. J:\) rather than any sub-folders therein as the import location.

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations getting it to work. You will now probably have to spend some time figuring out what all of those graphs mean. But it will all be worth it when, for example, you realize that an otherwise high and worrisome nightly AHI reading is entirely due to that half hour you rolled onto your back, and the rest of the night was actually quite good.

By the way, the auto-update feature of SleepyHead is known to not work to update to .9.3. I don't know if it is supposed to work now for future updates.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried to unravel the meaning or significance of the graphs,but other than AHI, I'm pretty much lost (again). The Glossary is a little helpful, do I simply need to try to consult with my Doc on this?

(07-04-2013, 09:41 AM)RonWessels Wrote: Congratulations getting it to work. You will now probably have to spend some time figuring out what all of those graphs mean. But it will all be worth it when, for example, you realize that an otherwise high and worrisome nightly AHI reading is entirely due to that half hour you rolled onto your back, and the rest of the night was actually quite good.

By the way, the auto-update feature of SleepyHead is known to not work to update to .9.3. I don't know if it is supposed to work now for future updates.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be somewhat surprised if you were _that_ lost.

For example, the pressure graph is pretty straightforward. It gives the pressure that the machine is providing at any given time. If you have a constant-pressure CPAP setup, this is a really boring graph - a straight line at the specified pressure. [ That for a REMstar machine. For a ResMed machine, the pressure data and hence the graph also includes the EPR, so you can see the individual inhale and exhale pressures. ] If you have an auto-adjusting machine, you can see the various pressure settings it chose throughout the night. If you find that the pressure graph frequently flattens out at the upper and/or lower limit of your auto pressure range, you should talk to your doctor about increasing that pressure range; the machine thinks you need a higher/lower pressure, but the pressure limit settings are preventing it from providing it. If the pressure readings always stay between your upper and lower limit pressures, everything is working properly.

The Flow Rate graph is another graph that is frequently looked at. It gives a moment-by-moment indication of your breathing. As you inhale, the flow rate goes up. As you exhale, the flow rate goes down. When that graph stays flat for a period of time, you are either intentionally holding your breath or you are experiencing an apnea event.

The Leak Rate graph is something else deserving of mention. One of the lines is the total overall leak rate in the system, including the intentional leaks in your mask and any unintentional mask leaks or leaks through your open mouth. RemStar machines need to be told what type of mask is attached, so they know the expected intentional leak rate and calculate the unintentional leak rate by subtracting that from the total leak rate. REMstar machines appear to perform a statistical analysis to determine the intentional leak rate, and again determine the unintentional leak rate by subtracting that off the total leak rate.

Get familiar with those graphs, and we can discuss some of the other graphs later.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 135 1 hour ago
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 64 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 526 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 721 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 713 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 540 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre
  Bmc paplink software link problem Psychotech 8 1,553 06-28-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.