Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead v0.9.5 - Give it a miss
Sleepyhead v0.9.5 - Give it a miss
I just installed the latest version of SleepyHead (V0.9.5) and find that it's actually a big step backwards from V0.9.3 (running on Windows 7 home premium).

The scale factors (which have always been a bit of a problem) seem to be worse with mask pressure showing zero values (which is wrong) and a lot of fragmentation in the graph. The pressure graph doesn't display properly, consisting of a lot of fragmented line segments. Attempting to change settings in the preferences tab resulted in two successive crashes.

If you want to try this latest version, make sure you have a backup of 0.9.3 - you may need to reinstall it. I'm a great fan of SleepyHead, and I know Mark develops it in his own time and distributes it for free (though I have made a contribution). I hope he can fix these issues quickly.
RE: Sleepyhead v0.9.5 - Give it a miss
I installed it but can't get back to it. I can only open the previous version.

What am I not doing or doing wrong?

Coffee
(05-07-2014, 05:41 AM)Bompa Wrote: I installed it but can't get back to it. I can only open the previous version.

What am I not doing or doing wrong?

Coffee

How did you install it? It comes as a zip file which you need to extract to a directory on your C: drive. The executable is sleepyhead.exe but there are a bunch of dll files and a couple of other sub-directories which all have to be located in the same directory.

If you have a link or shortcut on your desktop, make sure it's pointing to the new version.

[attachment=819]
Thanks DB.
Just came back to say Woops! I found it.
As you say I used the old shortcut.
Silly old man I am!!
Laugh-a-lotCoffee
When did this version appear?

I am running the Nightly/Unstable 9.4-01 that works very well, far better than the old release version in my opinion so if the 9.5 is not up to snuff you might try the previous that 'unstable' version.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
G'day Herb - I got an email from Sourceforge a couple of days ago. At this time 0.9.3 is working pretty well, so I think it's going to be a case of "if it ain't broke..."

I have 0.9.3-0 and it's works very well. How did y'all get the newer versions?
(05-09-2014, 11:47 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: I have 0.9.3-0 and it's works very well. How did y'all get the newer versions?

sourceforge.net / projects/sleepyhead/files/

sourceforge.net / projects/sleepyhead/files/latest/download?source=files
now points to the 9.5 version:
SleepyHead-20140507-Win32-0.9.5-testbuild-Complete.zip

(Delete spaces after .net and the slash as needed.)

which I'm now working up the nerve to install over 0.9.3 (after first backing up everything I can think of, computers being what they are.)

APAAW, let us know how you get on. If there are any real advantages I'll upgrade, but on the basis of what I've seen to date the new version is a bit flakey.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone give an opinion on these results ? Gregsleep 11 817 09-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 502 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to optimize low AHI / Why does ResMed miss? austinweathers29 1 402 09-11-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,372 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45
  Ready to give it another try! Welcoming any suggestions egoodman 6 759 07-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Did the Sleep folks miss something? Sleepy Quixote 2 505 06-25-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [CPAP] taking mask off in sleep - should I just give up? marsaili 8 935 01-25-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.