Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead vs ResMed Software
Sleepyhead vs ResMed Software
I downloaded and installed the ResMed software today. Using the same data for both programs, sleepyhead in my opinion, wins hands down. I found sleepy much easire to understand and was much more usable vision wise. I used to use encore pro before sleepy and again, sleepy wins the race.

I am having a problem with my AHI and at this point I am not sure what the problem is. For the first three or four hours of sleep my AHI runs almost 0 but then I get a spike that goes almost off the chart and then comes back down again. I must be doing something wrong, I just haven't figured out what yet. I don't have any leaks that would cause it to happen and I don't think it is the mask (airfit P20). I would appreciate any ideas from anyone as to how to find and correct this problem. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead vs ResMed Software
(07-20-2015, 06:41 PM)bolocarver Wrote: I am having a problem with my AHI and at this point I am not sure what the problem is. For the first three or four hours of sleep my AHI runs almost 0 but then I get a spike that goes almost off the chart and then comes back down again.
What is the AHI, and the breakdown of category of events?
As you fall asleep and goes into deeper sleep stages, more likely to have more events scored. AHI below 5 is normal

Pressure is fixed at 12, cannot go any higher like an auto PAP... more pressure might be good for obstructive events but not for central events
Sleep on your side and avoid sleeping on your back may helps

Post Reply Post Reply
My pressure is 11. I forgot to mention that almost the entire event is OA. I am a turner. I start on my side and throughout the night I switch from side to back to side. I am aware that any AHI of 5 or below means a good nights rest. At first I thought I had too much pillow and was causing my air path to compress and close but I switched to a much thinner pillow with no difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like Sleepy better too. My sleep doc reads ResScan. That's why I still use both. Have you checked the condition of your hose for any tears, leaks, separation in the connections?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both as well and SH is certainly more user friendly when diging through the data. I produce reports from ResScan and sent them to my doc. Both get the job done and given that both are "free" there isn't much reason not to use both.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2015, 06:41 PM)bolocarver Wrote: I downloaded and installed the ResMed software today. Using the same data for both programs, sleepyhead in my opinion, wins hands down. I found sleepy much easire to understand and was much more usable vision wise. I used to use encore pro before sleepy and again, sleepy wins the race.

I am having a problem with my AHI and at this point I am not sure what the problem is. For the first three or four hours of sleep my AHI runs almost 0 but then I get a spike that goes almost off the chart and then comes back down again. I must be doing something wrong, I just haven't figured out what yet. I don't have any leaks that would cause it to happen and I don't think it is the mask (airfit P20). I would appreciate any ideas from anyone as to how to find and correct this problem. Thanks in advance.

I had a somewhat similar situation that turned out to be positional SA. I had an older BiPAP without data capabilities and didn't have a clue what was going on. All I knew was I was averaging about a 25 AHI per night. I got a new APAP and the pressure would go up to 20 cm/h2o and I was still having OAs-- right up to the point the high pressure woke me up. Every now and then I would have a good night. Someone on this board suggested the good nights were because I wasn't sleeping on my back.

Long story short. my solution was to stop sleeping on my back. My AHI is down to about 2 now--mostly CAs

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I may have found the problem for my high AHI's and it is mostly the OA. The night before last my AHI was almost 11.0 and 99% OA. I noted that in the early morning hours I had lots of occasions where I had flim in my throat and it felt as if it was blocking my breathing. Last night I was very careful to not let this happen and my AHI reading was 2.80 and most of that was again OA. About 98% of the night my AHI was right at 0.0.

I check my hose and connections on a regular basis, so no problems there. I also keep my hose covered with a soft cover so it's always warm and won't snag on the bed. I also use Ayr on the pillows which makes for a good air seal. I have not seen any leak flags in my chart in months. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on solving your problem. I too would have guessed positional or sleep-stage apnea. You are about one post away from being to post data or images. Welcome to the forums.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider---I am pretty confident I now have this problem licked. I will just have to remember to discount any of those flim blockages. I don't have them all the time, maybe twice a week. I am still trying to figure out exactly how to read all the graphs sleepy gives me. I mostly look at the events, AHI, pressure, snore and leak graphs.

I must say that this forum along with the CPAP forum have been the most helpful since I started using a CPAP in November of 2010. I started with a Respironics system one with c-flex. I actually had two of them, one I bought as a backup. Both went south about 4.5 years after getting them. Both had the same problem. They would run part of the night and then shut off and try to restart. Once they started to restart they would just keep going zip, zip, zip and never come on completely. I then got medicare to replace with my current ResMed S9. I really don't have a preference of one over the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be able to attach images and links now. This approach works here as well as attachments. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 880 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 166 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 619 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,087 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,299 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,200 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 763 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.