Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead vs oscar
Sleepyhead vs oscar
Is anyone still using sleepyhead or has everyone pretty much went with Oscar now?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead vs oscar
I'm sure that many are still using SleepyHead, but let's say OSCAR has had a real good launch, and with each release OSCAR will gain more users as it improves and SleepyHead doesn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect oscar works fine for most people. I still use SH 1.0.0 beta 2 broken gl because it doesn't have as many gaps in reported data as oscar for my machine. oscar is almost there though insofar as the main problem I had with SH 1.1.0 (which is what oscar started with) appears to be fixed in oscar. that was the epap graph that had to be toggled on after every screen change. oscar still fails to report or mis-reports some stats and graph lines are choppy due to various line weights. oscar seems to combine some sessions which I prefer not to happen. SH 1.0.0 allows you to turn this off. I think there are a few things in SH 1.0.0 beta 2 that aren't accurate but overall it does more for me than oscar (so far). I'll continue to use both until future oscar revisions sort out some of the current issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its been a while since I have been on. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am running both on my machines (2 computers with cloud data folder synchronization and storage). No real reason to keep running both as OSCAR is running fine and seems to always agree with SH when I make quick comparisons. No real reason to keep both, but then no real reason to remove SH since I have plenty of hard drive and cloud storage space. Someday I will likely remove SH but no rush.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had problems getting Oscar to work.  It installs fine, and let's me save a profile, but when I open the profile I get kicked off.  Have never used SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be your graphic engine is not compatable with the default setting.  If you are using Windows, try this batch file to set it to another type.
[attachment=12849]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2019, 08:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It could be your graphic engine is not compatible with the default setting.  If you are using Windows, try this batch file to set it to another type.

And if you are on a Mac, make sure you are not running Dark Mode. Found OSCAR doesn't play well it as well.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Running Windows 10 here, on a cheaper computer.   I'm technologically challenged.  Not sure what I need to do with this file.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, believe it or not, I may have got it to work.  I can now select a profile and open the profile.  I'm waiting to pick up my data card from my Dr.  Wish me luck.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar or SleepyHead? Jenn84 4 3,368 10-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Last Post: unidee
  Migrating sleepyhead>oscar AND changing machines ? DaveCar 4 1,011 08-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: nanbar
  Support for Fisher & Paykel ICON+ Auto on SleepyHead or Oscar JaX F 2 889 04-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Import from SleepyHead to OSCAR has unknown data, requests copy for devs bpb21 8 1,335 12-29-2020, 08:44 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
Angry Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration? startreking 11 2,376 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  New OSCAR install -- Sessions Copied, Missing Sleepyhead Bookmarks & Notes Clayto 1 797 06-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  SleepyHead Data to Oscar HoseHead58 8 2,474 06-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: HoseHead58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.