Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10
Question 
I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10
I don't have  a breathing device like CPAP. And I do have a 'Contec CMS50D Plus' pulse oximeter. But I cannot import recorded data from this oximeter to my laptop with Windows 10.

I cannot do that with Oscar-software. And I cannot do it with the software SPO2 Assistant 3.0.4, SPO2 Manager V1.5 and SPO2 Review V1.5.

Could I have more success with importing these oximeter-data to my Android smartphone? 

Would it be wise to buy another brand oximeter because of these software-problems, and if so, which one?

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I cannot import data from 'Contec CMS50D Plus' oximeter to Windows 10
You didn't mention how long you have had your D+. There are two hardware versions and multiple firmware versions.
The older hardware uses a connector that looks like a mini-USB connector, but it does not use the USB protocol. The newer version uses a connector that looks like a micro-USB, but again it does not use the USB protocol. It turns out that Contec supplies a cable with a serial to USB chip in the larger than usual full-size USB connector end. You must use this cable to connect the oximeter to the computer. No other cable will work.
I can't lay my hands on my cable to show the difference, but the molded end on the computer side is longer and bulkier than a regular USB cable.

The recent wrist-worn Contec oximeters use a single connector that looks like a mini-USB but is actually double-sided, with the probe contacts on one side and the USB contacts on the other. These oximeters have the serial to USB chip inside the oximeter, so any mini-USB cable can be used.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 07:35 AM)pholynyk Wrote: You didn't mention how long you have had your D+. There are two hardware versions and multiple firmware versions.
The older hardware uses a connector that looks like a mini-USB connector, but it does not use the USB protocol. The newer version uses a connector that looks like a micro-USB, but again it does not use the USB protocol. It turns out that Contec supplies a cable with a serial to USB chip in the larger than usual full-size USB connector end. You must use this cable to connect the oximeter to the computer. No other cable will work.
I can't lay my hands on my cable to show the difference, but the molded end on the computer side is longer and bulkier than a regular USB cable.

The recent wrist-worn Contec oximeters use a single connector that looks like a mini-USB but is actually double-sided, with the probe contacts on one side and the USB contacts on the other. These oximeters have the serial to USB chip inside the oximeter, so any mini-USB cable can be used.
Thanks Pholynyk. I have bought my Contec CMS50D Plus recently. I use it with it's original Contec data-cable.

That data-cable has a male micro-USB plug and a male USB-A plug. The USB-A plug is indeed larger than regular. I still can't import the oximeter-data into my laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not see how you attempted the connection so I am listing it out here,  The D+ has to be connected, powered up, and then select the menu option for data transfer.  This is unlike the D+'s wrist-worn siblings that just need to be connected and powered-up.  I hope your problem is a simple oversight and nothing major.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 11:25 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I did not see how you attempted the connection so I am listing it out here,  The D+ has to be connected, powered up, and then select the menu option for data transfer.  This is unlike the D+'s wrist-worn siblings that just need to be connected and powered-up.  I hope your problem is a simple oversight and nothing major.
Thanks. I now have managed to import the measured data from my oximeter into Windows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,728 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 150 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 194 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,391 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.