Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead will not run Win 10
RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10
My data folder is in the usual place for Windows in My Documents. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SH, and have deleted the folder in Programsx386 then reinstalled, run as Administrator etc. Executing either Sleepyhead.exe or SleepyheadBrokenGP.exe results the the "waiting" icon being displayed briefly, then nothing happens. It does appear that even though I installed the C++ 2017 it is not present:

[Image: 7WPoamEh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Immortalized in pictures...

Curious, do you run the SH installer as administrator?

My next question would be" anything in the event viewer regarding Sleepyhead errors?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
that is actually 1 step too far - you showed your "installed updates"
We need the installed PROGRAMS (just click on the top on "Programs and Features" before the "Installed Updates")

what about the graphics card(s)? - which one do you have and is the driver up to date?
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: DyDzMYih.png]

Downloading an updated Intel display driver now. It turns out I have the latest Intel HD 520 display driver. Since no change in display was ever made, I don't think this is the issue.

I may try to hide the Sleepyhead data and documents directory and see if that helps.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
the VC runtimes are not the problem - you have them all^^

I was really betting on a display-driver problem ...

what puzzles me a bit, is the fact that you have sleepyhead 2 times listed as installed programs - you might want to remove them completely and after all are gone from that view - you reboot - and reinstall after that (running the installation with admin priviliges is always a good idea)

If sleepyhead did stop working right at the moment the creators update came along, there is a chance that your windows-profile got screwed. ... but usually you would see all kinds of weird stuff going on and not just one single program no longer working properly.

But maybe creating a new WINDOWS(!) User might be worth a try^^ (not as a long term solution - but if it works with the new user you know for sure, that "just" your user-profile is "slightly damaged"^^)
Post Reply Post Reply
It's something you said earlier that makes me think it is a permission/ownership problem.

You might try this: (it couldn't hurt)
  • Right-click on the SleepyHead folder.  
  • Select Properties->Security .
    Make sure that "Everyone" has Full Control.   If not,  edit to allow.  
  • Do this for SleepyHead.exe as well.

Here is a file that will add "Take Ownership" to your option list in Windows Explorer:
Take File/Directory Ownership
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved. I had to remove all Sleepyhead folders to a cloud drive, start Sleepyhead and let it create the new folder, and re-create my user profile. I then shut down and imported all of my old data from the old profile in the cloud, and restart. After selecting the user profile to use, it worked, and all data is there. The last data was loaded August 1, and I imported the new data from the SD card. Everything works and my saved views and preferences are all intact.

I think an error was created in the user profiles or data directory. I had several user profiles on record from having helped people on Apneaboard and looking at my wife's data. Something glitched and the program would not start or report the error when it encountered the problem in the user profile. I think this was likely the most recent profile I created for my wife.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, we'll blame it on her!   Whistle
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It rarely works. I just thought this might be a friendly audience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
glad it works now.

just to clarify: you had your profile-folder as a "network-drive"? or was it a local "copy" on your windows machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.