Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead with Mac
Sleepyhead with Mac
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

I just received my new System One BiPap Auto yesterday. I have been able to upload the data to SleepMapper, but when I try to upload to SleepHead it does not transfer the data. I am following the instructions as far as I can tell. Any help would be appreciated. I am using the iMac.
RE: Sleepyhead with Mac
First of all, you need to make sure to write-protect the SD card prior to inserting it into the SD card drive on your Mac.

Second, open the SH software to the main screen and scroll the icons on the right side of the window until "Import" shows up and click it.

Third, navigate to the SD card drive and click choose. Your screen will look similar to this one.

[Image: SH3_zpsc3ca63b0.jpg]

Your data should import successfully.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
OK, I did NOT write protect it when I first inserted it into the Mac. I have also loaded the program on my Windows 7 Laptop and it uploads correctly. Will the System One make sure it has the correct format when I put it back in the machine? What action do I need to take since I did not write protect it.

Thanks, Bob
I,m not sure if you need to install the patch for 60 series machines using Mac or if the patch been already incorporated with the latest version of SleepyHead.
(01-09-2014, 08:49 PM)bob72601 Wrote: OK, I did NOT write protect it when I first inserted it into the Mac. I have also loaded the program on my Windows 7 Laptop and it uploads correctly. Will the System One make sure it has the correct format when I put it back in the machine? What action do I need to take since I did not write protect it.

Thanks, Bob
Which version of SleepyHead for the Mac are you using? The last stable release for the mac is still 0.9.2-beta. There is also an unstable release version 0.9.4-beta for those who want to test it, but who are also willing to deal with an unstable build.

Also, for System One users, it is NOT critical to write protect the SD card. The System One doesn't seem to care about the extra files that the Mac writes to the card. It's a good idea to get into the habit of write protecting the card, but it is not critical.

For Resmed S9 users, however, it is CRITICAL to write protect the card since the S9 will complain about the card and insist on erasing all the data if it sees any new files written by the computer's operating system.

(01-09-2014, 09:40 PM)zonk Wrote: I,m not sure if you need to install the patch for 60 series machines using Mac or if the patch been already incorporated with the latest version of SleepyHead.
If you are using SH v0.9.2-beta on the Mac and you want to use it with the Series 60 System One machines, you still need to install the patch, which can be found at
https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefreemanclan....pyHead.dmg

If you are using the unstable SH v0.9.4-beta on the Mac, you don't need the patch, but you may run into issues because the release is not yet considered stable.

I am using SH v0.9.2-beta. As far as the patch, how do you install it? When I go to the link it only shows a few lines of code.
Im using the latest unstable Mac version. No need to patch anything to work with 60 series.

[attachment=653]

Thanks guys. Using v0.9.4-beta does the trick.
(01-09-2014, 08:49 PM)bob72601 Wrote: OK, I did NOT write protect it when I first inserted it into the Mac. I have also loaded the program on my Windows 7 Laptop and it uploads correctly. Will the System One make sure it has the correct format when I put it back in the machine? What action do I need to take since I did not write protect it.

Thanks, Bob

I am not sure if anything happened to your SD card, but the SleepyHead Users Guide stated that you needed to write protect the SD card before inserting it into the Mac. Something about the space/time continuum....
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
By default, Mac has a service called Spotlight that indexes all the external volumes (drives), and writes out an index directory to the volume.

If you want to prevent Mac from writing to the drive, go to Spotlight preferences, and add "/Volumes" to list of places not to be indexed. This will prevent Spotlight from writing to your SD card.

Quote: I am not sure if anything happened to your SD card, but the SleepyHead Users Guide stated that you needed to write protect the SD card before inserting it into the Mac. Something about the space/time continuum....

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.