Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead with Masimo Radical 7 Oximeter
Sleepyhead with Masimo Radical 7 Oximeter
Hello.   I'm 2 months in to CPAP therapy using a Dreamstation machine w/ auto titration.

Just getting into the Sleepdata software.

I'd like to use my oximeter, a hospital-grade Masimo Radical 7 with the docking station that provides for serial output of data (one second sample rate), in conjunction with the Sleepyhead software. I'd like to be able to import the oximetry data into Sleepyhead.

The Masimo outputs data in a text (.txt) file ASCII format through an RS232 connection which I can capture with a computer -- I've done this many times before to run through my own program to analyze the 02 sat data. It looks like Sleepyhead can import oximetry data from a .dat file so it seems that I should be able to convert the original Masimo text file to a .dat file and then import data off the .dat file into Sleepyhead.

However, I'm not sure if data records would need to be reconfigured (e.g., the Masimo text file contains time, O2 sat, pulse, alarm flags, etc.,).

Anybody have any idea if and how I would go about using the Masimo data file to feed Sleepyhead relevant oximetry data?

ps I've tried search function to no avail
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead with Masimo Radical 7 Oximeter
Sleepyhead works with spo2 files which are a similar type of file with 1second granularity etc.. but I don’t know if the columns are the same you could prob use excel as a converter
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead with Masimo Radical 7 Oximeter
I posted a similar request in this forum titled:

Thread-SleepyHead-and-Masimo-MightySat-Bluetooth-Compatible

I don't believe spo2 files are ASCII. If someone can post (or point to) a description of the BINARY format, I'm willing to try and write a converter.

A better use of my programming skills might be to (help) write a .csv importer for SleepyHead. I'd be willing to give that a shot if I can get some help with setting up a build environment and some guidance so that what I develop can be included in the official source repository.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,379 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 202 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 280 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,566 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 209 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 672 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 285 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.