Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead ?
RE: Sleepyhead ?
(06-22-2012, 01:16 PM)johns019 Wrote: The machine displayed a message when I plugged it back in. I forget exactly whati it read, but something like "do not remove SD card".

I think it does that every time you unplug the machine and plug it back in, even if you don't remove the card.

Try it and see.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2012, 05:12 PM)johns019 Wrote: I looked in the clinician's menu, but didn't see "ramp" - I did see "resistance" - I'll go back and look at that.

You have to look in the Provider Mode Setup screen (not the Patient Setup screen)

You should see menu items like this ...

Ramp time 0:00 - 0:45
Ramp start 4.0 - (EPAP / CPAP pres)

Now that I look at this, it could be that what the DME told you was true! According to what I see here I think the ramp feature affects only the EPAP pressure. Since yours is already set at 4.0, there's nothing to ramp up!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2012, 06:51 PM)archangle Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 01:16 PM)johns019 Wrote: The machine displayed a message when I plugged it back in. I forget exactly whati it read, but something like "do not remove SD card".

I think it does that every time you unplug the machine and plug it back in, even if you don't remove the card.

Try it and see.

Yes - you are right - I unplugged it and got the message when I plugged it back in - didn't touch the SD card Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2012, 07:43 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 05:12 PM)johns019 Wrote: I looked in the clinician's menu, but didn't see "ramp" - I did see "resistance" - I'll go back and look at that.

You have to look in the Provider Mode Setup screen (not the Patient Setup screen)

You should see menu items like this ...

Ramp time 0:00 - 0:45
Ramp start 4.0 - (EPAP / CPAP pres)

Now that I look at this, it could be that what the DME told you was true! According to what I see here I think the ramp feature affects only the EPAP pressure. Since yours is already set at 4.0, there's nothing to ramp up!

I did try it in the Provider mode setup - it doesn't give that option - like you said - it must be because the EPAP is set as low as it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.