Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Slept w/mask on (finally) but leaked too much for benefit
Slept w/mask on (finally) but leaked too much for benefit
Friday night I was able to keep the mask on for four hours and slept a good part of it, last night 5.5 hours mask time and slept nearly the entire time. Unfortunately, I just put on the new cushion for the Quattro FX full face mask Friday and apparently what I thought was normal venting was the top of the cushion not being sealed to the mask, and it leaked so badly my encore basic report said "breathing not detected". Well, at least I know why I don't feel any better.

Going to sleep doc tomorrow to ask them to help me fix cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Slept w/mask on (finally) but leaked too much for benefit
I had problems with the Quattro FX cushion detaching from the frame also. This required some midnight fixes. It is one of the things I don't miss since I have moved to the Quattro Air. If you get a chance to try it out, take advantage of it. It may work well for you.

But I will acknowledge no other full face mask has worked better for me than the Quattro FX if I wanted to wear reading glasses with the mask on and doze off while reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't believe how stupid I am. I found a video on You Tube showing how to change the cushion on my model and it turns out, for the past two nights I had the lip of the cushion extended over teh edge of the mask, instead of inside the grooves. Now the notches are lined up and the top is centered and in position.

Good Lord, it's always something. I hope I get it right tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2013, 11:59 AM)STL Mark Wrote: I had problems with the Quattro FX cushion detaching from the frame also. This required some midnight fixes. It is one of the things I don't miss since I have moved to the Quattro Air. If you get a chance to try it out, take advantage of it. It may work well for you.

But I will acknowledge no other full face mask has worked better for me than the Quattro FX if I wanted to wear reading glasses with the mask on and doze off while reading.

I don't qualify for a new mask for another three months, so I'm debating whether to spend the money on the Quattro Air. If it's more comfortable to sleep in than the FX, then it's worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I plot my next mask purchase ahead of time. If the FX is working for you I would not make an out of pocket purchase. But I would make sure to make it part of a trial before accepting another FX three months from now. I tend to visit my DMEs office. They have Respiratory Technicians (RTs) there that can fit a mask and a bed to lay on and try it. At the start I would try several masks before deciding which one to take home with me for my next three months. Each DME company is different. If yours is not that way, you may want to look into your other options through your insurance company.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2013, 12:15 PM)ellen1159 Wrote: I can't believe how stupid I am. I found a video on You Tube showing how to change the cushion on my model and it turns out, for the past two nights I had the lip of the cushion extended over teh edge of the mask, instead of inside the grooves. Now the notches are lined up and the top is centered and in position.

Good Lord, it's always something. I hope I get it right tonight!

Haha don't feel bad. I took mine apart yesterday and it took me about 20 minutes to figure out why it was leaking everywhere when I put it back together.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,038 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Could I benefit from going to BiPap VAuto? vinhuard 29 1,686 01-31-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: vinhuard
  First night using APAP. Still slept like garbage. QuirkyTurtle 9 571 12-08-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 522 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 459 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,375 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.