Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Slept with my machine!
Slept with my machine!
I put on the mask, fell asleep in a few minutes, woke up 4 hours later. It was the first night since this nightmare began 4 years ago that I have not woken up gasping dozens of times, with insomnia so severe I thought I might go crazy. The mask was hurting, too tight, so I removed it for the rest of the night.

Wow. I am stunned.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Slept with my machine!
Hey Tarah

Well done!!!! Any chance to loosen the mask before falling asleep the next time to get longer sleep?

If you can make the time (its difficult with a baby) download sleepyhead. You've read and seen others, I am sure. It gives the gurus here an opportunity to fine tune and resolve any problems, if any.

Here's to more hours, Tarah.....the best to you.......
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, may your assimilation into the xpap collective begin....
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep sleeping with your mask leads to a long term relationship.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a loaner machine for 30 days and it doesn't have a card so I'm not sure I can get the data. Yes, I will definitely loosen up the mask tonight and hopefully make it more hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2017, 06:05 PM)tarah Wrote: I have a loaner machine for 30 days and it doesn't have a card so I'm not sure I can get the data. Yes, I will definitely loosen up the mask tonight and hopefully make it more hours.

You don't want masks super-tight in any case. They are designed to expand slightly with pressure to fit well.

There is a Mask Fit feature on the device you have (in the Main Menu) that will push some pretty high pressure to see if you get a leak. This would allow you to play with the fit without affecting your numbers.

Way to go!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Almost certainly you an get data. You have a data-compatible machine, as far as I can tell (although I'm a newb, so whaddo I know?). Do you have an SD card lying around? An SD card reader? A computer?

The mask fit option will let you get a good fit for the mask BEFORE you go to sleep so you don't get bothered in the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a small SD card everywhere for about $10.

You don't need a big one
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tarah,
GREAT JOB.! Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 673 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night using APAP. Still slept like garbage. QuirkyTurtle 9 571 12-08-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 522 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Please Help!! Haven't slept at all for 2 out of last 3 nights with CPAP JamesD0079 1 495 01-24-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Resmed S9 - overstating hours slept kowlooner 3 570 12-18-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: kowlooner
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,792 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.