Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smaller Travel Machine
Smaller Travel Machine
First Airline flight coming up.

For aircraft boarding, I'm going to carry on my machine, obviously, but I was curious:

Does anybody have a "small" machine just for travel, or does everybody just take their "normal" machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smaller Travel Machine
I use my primary machine and the bag it is in is about the size of a typical wide laptop case. When we travel together, I also put in the charging unit and battery pack for my wife's spinal cord stimulator as well as our important meds.

Never had any problems over the last three years. I also purchased a bag tag from one of the suppliers on the list (they all have one) that says it is medical equipment.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel for biz and always take my smaller travel unit with me. i check it in my bag.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 03:59 PM)cant_sleep_in_nj Wrote: I travel for biz and always take my smaller travel unit with me. i check it in my bag.

What kind of machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 04:06 PM)kgriggs Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 03:59 PM)cant_sleep_in_nj Wrote: I travel for biz and always take my smaller travel unit with me. i check it in my bag.

What kind of machine?

His comments say it's a transcend II.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 04:57 PM)GeoffD Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 04:06 PM)kgriggs Wrote:

What kind of machine?

His comments say it's a transcend II.

Ooops, thanks Geoff

Post Reply Post Reply
I travel and just bring my "normal" machine. I use a carry on bag that has wheels so I can put other items on the bag and not have to carry two bags. Never had a problem with security or any airline.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opinions, please, on:

Transcend Auto Travel
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't forget you can leave the humidifier at home, with the obvious consequence of no added humidity. Also consider the power brick if there is one.

Don't forget to consider the size of the hose, and mask in terms of the entire package you're carrying. Making the CPAP smaller is less of a percentage when you consider everything.

You probably also need to carry an extension cord and/or power strip for hotels with inconvenient power plug locations.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out the product review forum.
Ed
(09-21-2014, 12:55 PM)kgriggs Wrote: Opinions, please, on:

Transcend Auto Travel

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,745 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,289 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 777 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.