Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines
Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines
Does anyone have one of the new brand of Cpap Machines iBreeze or knowledge about thes machines made by a company Smart Med??

They've just become available in Australia and price wise and option wise they look to be more than competitive with the established brands like Resmed and Phillips. Very neat looking machines that's for sure.

The Auto being sold for around $A 1,295 and the standard model for around $ A995

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Med iBreeze Range of Cpap Machines
I know nothing about these machines.  Here at this forum we would support users of them but for the best support you need Full Efficacy Data, preferably in chart form similar to what you see on the Sleepyhead charts.  We know nothing on their Auto CPAP, or BiPAP algorithms, which is what sets the auto machines apart.

So what data will your provider see to change your therapy, and over the machine lifetime 5+ years?) it is extremely likely that your therapy will change.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I could see it's a cheap knock off of an AirSense 10. Even their data provided by by cell phone looks like My Air. The fact that it doesn't work with SleepyHead is reason enough for me to not use it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It does look like a copy of the ResMed Airsense10Autoset but costing a bit less.
It might be a good enough machine, but who knows without trying it for oneself.
The fact it does not work with Sleepyhead is not a reason to reject the machine outright, but it is a good reason for people who use Sleepyhead to see how they are doing themselves.
For others it might be a good enough machine, but time will tell.
It is about time there was a good rival to the two main manufacturers.
It is a shame if it is not compatible with Sleepyhead.

I trust it does collect the data from the patients sleep onto a data card?

It looks nice enough, but would I use it?
Maybe, I might give it a try to access it.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It does come with a SD card. It sounds like they offer a In the Cloud software that they charge to use. How much detail it doesn't say.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Being this is from China I wonder if they took some ResMed machines and reversed engineered them. Then made some minor changes and put it on the market. I wonder if maybe it would work on SleepyHead?
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I started on cpap 5 years ago with a Resmart auto machine. It seemed to be doing the job with lowering my ahi and I was feeling a lot better over all.
Because I was driving a bus in those days I had to get a med once a year and with osa I had to get the ok from a sleep doctor. Long story short sleep doctor  didn't think the auto was providing high enough pressure for a bloke my size and had me do a overnight test. It showed that I needed a pressures of 14cm to clear all events and the machine was only giving 8cm. Put the Resmart in cpap at 14 all good until it toasted it's main pcb. Fixed under warranty and good for another year. It did it's pcb again this time out of warranty. So I bit the bullet and got a ResMed Airsense10Autoset from US.

Not a direct answer to your question but just letting you know what can happen.
For around that money you should be able to get a ResMed Airsense10Autoset from the US.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2018, 01:48 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Being this is from China I wonder if they took some ResMed machines and reversed engineered them. Then made some minor changes and put it on the market. I wonder if maybe it would work on SleepyHead?

I had the same thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2018, 01:48 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Being this is from China I wonder if they took some ResMed machines and reversed engineered them. Then made some minor changes and put it on the market. I wonder if maybe it would work on SleepyHead?

No doubt it will, China copies everything, like Japan of the past.
They might even improve the machine in the end.
Mind you, there is a badge on the power supply on my machine says Made in China Rolleyes
Maybe the machine is as well! Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mutineer,

The iBreeze line is made by Resvent, one of the largest Medical companies in China, the device is developed in collaboration with an Australian company (CPAP Direct).  They have a CPAP, APAP and Bilevel range with remote monitoring system and Smart phone app.  They have been very successful in the last year since their launch with plenty of positive feed back.  The Bilevel range is the only touch screen in the market.  The only downside is that the don't come with a heated tubing and only come with standard tubing.  The algorithm has pressure relief and can be started from 3cm for better compliance for beginners.......They also come with 5 yrs replacement warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 129 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,002 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,452 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,422 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.