Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Ramp
Smart Ramp
I can't fall asleep on my min pressure of 8, so I want to try starting the night at 7. I also take a while to fall asleep, so I'd like to stay at 7 for as long as possible to maximize the amount of time I have to fall asleep.

I'm looking into ramp to accomplish this. 45 minute ramp is the longest ramp my machine will allow me to do, but I noticed this feature called Smart Ramp.

The manual is vague, so I thought I'd ask here. If I set Smart Ramp at 45 minutes, and take 2 hours to fall asleep, will Smart Ramp keep it at 7 for two hours, and then start the 45 minute ramp when it detects I've fallen asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Ramp
In a word, no. Quite the opposite. If you start showing signs of breathing difficulties, it will raise the pressure during the ramp period. The machine does not detect if you are sleeping or not. The F&P ones claim to be able to do this (IIRC) but the DreamStation does not (do or claim).

As the machine is quite likely to detect your awake breathing as problematic sleep breathing, you will find the pressure rising before the end of the ramp period. I'd just set it at 7 until you are comfortable with that, then move to 7.5 the night after that and so on until you get to your pressure. After a few months of this, the only way I can tell between 13 and 16 is a slight increase in mask leaks. Don't focus on it. Your brain gets used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Ramp
Hi,
I found 6 or 6.5 has been good for me, set at 1 exp relief . I have smart ramp off and set for 30 or 45 mins.
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 375 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,016 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,490 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 541 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 401 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  airmini smart stop leads to many on/off events elliotg 4 567 10-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.