Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Start ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Smart Start ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Looking to turn the Smart Start On on my wife's Aircurve 10. She had used it in the past and wants to try it again (not sure if it was this Air unit or the previous). She is using an F20 FFM with a heated hose.

Here is the issue - when we go into the menus the Smart Start option is grayed out and reads off. This is on both the user and clinical menus. We have tried it with Ramp ON and OFF with no differences. (Turned machine off after setting Ramp, unplugged it for 1 minute and went back again. (I know, excessive, but I deal with a lot of computer stuff and you would be amazed at how well this works.)

Any ideas?

On a side note, her clock was mis-set by two hours (later than actual time) and it won't let us or the DME reset it.

Many thanx,
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Start ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
The ST model may not offer it, but if it does, try selecting a different style mask from your current setting. This is based off my old S9 that would not allow Smart Start when you had an FFM declared. Selecting a Nasal Pillow style mask would allow its activation, and then you could go back to the FFM setting and would still work.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Start ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
I tried changing the mask type, but that wasn't it. But it made me rethink the the approach. Found out if I turned the leak alarm off, I got the option for Smart Start. Problem solved.

I figured it was tied to another option.

Many thanx
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 369 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,009 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.