Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Air 10 can't count
ResMed Air 10 can't count
Has anyone noticed that the time used on the ResMed Air10 is way off? I called resmed and they said something very strange- once the clock goes past midnight or noon it "resets". All I want to know is how many hours I used the machine. I have a highly irregular schedule due to my job (rotating shifts sometimes twice per week) and therefore will often sleep during the day. If I wake up at 2pm the machine says I only slept for 2 hours but I know I went to sleep at 9am with it on and running.

Very confusing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Air 10 can't count
Hi CaptainEven! - :welome:
Because most people sleep at night, a CPAP's day is from noon til noon. The usual workaround for situations like yours is to reset the CPAP clock to a time that avoids the noon day change.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar experience. I tried to alter the time to set my bedtime to the local time. I was able to do it. However, when I was back, I could not reverse the time because the instrument did not allow me to set the date backward. So, I am one day ahead now.
Post Reply Post Reply
To prevent tampering with time of use compliance, the Resmed clock will not allow the user to set a time in the previous day, however there are two work-arounds to solve this. Time changes to an earlier time must be performed after noon, and the longer after noon you can do that, the more time you can change. For example, at 6:00 pm (18:00) you can set the time back about 6-hours. At 10:00 PM a larger change of -10-hours can be made. A 24-hour time change may take a couple days to fully achieve using this method. The second method is to remove the SD card and reset patient data. This erases all the stored therapy information in the machine. You can then reset the time and date by any increment you want. You will have to format or delete the SD card before putting it back in, so be sure to back-up to Oscar or make a copy if you want it. This is a nearly lossless method if you save the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can not go back to a date/time that contains data. In order to do this, you will need to erase your SD cars, and reset your CPAP. Regardless of your need, I highly recommend that you create a dedicated directory on your computer and store the SD card's data in it. That way if the card goes bad, or your need to erase it, you will not lose any data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
AIUI (but I haven't tested it) the time for the "day divided at noon" should work fine to get your compliance data - but Oscar will not load any more data for a day it already has data for - so if you wake up at 2:00 pm and load data into OSCAR, you won't get the data for 9AM to noon the next day. If you let it accumulate a few days of data, or even wait until you are back on a shift that doesn't have you sleeping through noon, the data collection should be complete, albeit with a big gap in the middle of the "night" for when you are actually awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
DancesWithCats - To allow for the extra data, simply purge that day's data and reimport it with the newer data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do central apneas while awake count? Ivy woods 1 510 03-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Help, red blood cell count up, no energy, long time CPAP user BBX2125 1 731 09-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Why don't these flow rate curves count as flow-limited? cathyf 122 9,457 12-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  CPAP AHI and Apnea count kmkn00 1 925 04-25-2019, 05:06 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Do naps count toward compliance? pinetree 9 2,412 08-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Should SP02 Drops count as part of AHI or RDI REMless 2 1,278 06-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Cpap and red blood count/hematocrit levels Fletcherfam 3 1,881 04-25-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.