Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Watches/devices
RE: Smart Watches/devices
(08-18-2021, 01:02 PM)DaveL Wrote: thanks loucasg

I bought the package.  heart watch.  auto sleep  auto wake  

I'm concerned about auto wake....the other two are good.

same here, I bought the package but not using autowake. Thought of giving it a try (in a weekend) but haven't done it yet
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Watches/devices @cathyf
(08-17-2021, 10:10 PM)cathyf Wrote: Does the Apple watch give you a count of the number of times awake? I'm trying to figure out if mine is high or low or what... I get 15-25 times awake per night. Which is probably 3-5 times per hour.

Cathy a qualified yes....it does give me a count of the number of times awake. 

It tells me that I've been awake a few times during the night.  I know when I go to sleep, and when I wake up. And I know if I've been up during the night for washroom breaks. I look at the report and see whether those basic observations are set right.

The iWatch has a "learn" feature.  It gives about 6 displays of the sleep  report.  So I  pick the output based on time I went to sleep and when I woke up. It learns from that, and that's how it reports in future. 

I think that the number of times shown that I'm awake is probably pretty good.

The apple watch has helped me a lot.  I feel it's a wellness tool.

The basic apple watch didn't do this; it's the app mentioned by others here that makes my watch very versatile.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday I changed some settings on my apap machine.
Wow! What a difference in how I feel.

That change was reflected on the app on my iWatch6. It's called AutoSleep. I bought it to provide better information in my sleep report.

Last night I woke up once during my sleep period! Normal (before changes) was at least 3 times. That's what AutoSleep showed..

I had issues with mask seal though. Tonight I'll see what I can do to resolve that.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
My app on the iWatch has really helped.

recently I took advice here and bought a soft cervical collar. It's working well.

My watch helps.

It shows I'm sleeping more soundly. In the past I woke up about 3 times during the 7 hours I tried to sleep. Last night I didn't wake at all. Collar. Tape. ResMed mask.

And it shows crude O-two measurements during the night. Probably no more helpful than waking up and thanking heaven that I did. I didn't pass away.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2020, 12:45 AM)Fourkidletts Wrote: Hey all!  I did a search for this, but nothing recent came up for me, so since the holidays are coming, I thought I'd ask.  

I'm looking at devices that give you feedback on the quality of your sleep, as well as o2 and heartrate stats, with also some fitness tracking functions.  Anyone have one they like?  It seems the pulse ox portion of these, if they are on the wrist, aren't super accurate.  There's also the ring one called Oura, and something that goes on your thumb?  What is the recent data on these?  Any of them worth getting for tracking sleep info?

The Fitbit charge watch (and other fitbits that track sleep) has the most accurate sleep stage data by far of all the watches & bands currently on the market - according to the Quantified Scientist who has tested them in their different versions. 

He's a no BS sleep scientist working at a Dutch university and his videos are well worth viewing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2020, 09:09 PM)DaveL Wrote: Thanks.

I've had several that gave sleep reports. One was the first fitbit Heart Rate Monitor watch. It caused a rash on my wrist. I took it back; it was recalled. Haven't had a fitbit since. Maybe it's time?
My current one is a Garmin Vivocactive HR It's the first in that series. It seems to crap out when I'm travelling and don't have my gear tp reprogram it.

Im interested in the Apple Watch, but feeling broke...I'd like to monitor SO-2.  And the EKG interests me.

mesentery, the Samsung Gear S2 Sport sounds interesting. I'll take a look. Thank you.

The wrist rash was a common problem with early Fitbits.

I've just bought a Fitbit 5 to track my sleep (I previously had the fitbit2 and Fitbit 3).

The strap on the Fitbit 5 is very comfortable.

In fact, it is remarkably similar to the standard strap in the Apple Watch...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Kadenz.

I understand that the sleep report on the fitbit is far better than the Garmin watch I used to have.

I didn't like the Sleep Report on the iWatch until I bought an app.

Fitbit (before Google) looked after their patrons well when the rash was an issue. I took mine back and was paid in full. Took a week for the rash to go away. Bright red. Angry red.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
ticwatch gth is reasonably priced and does sleep monitoring including o2. That is automatic o2 monitoring which is better than
many others that measure o2 only when you are awake to trigger the measurement.
Post Reply Post Reply
gtillett welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting. I did't know about that watch. I'll take a look.

Wore a Garmin HR watch for years that did sleep reports.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2021, 04:17 PM)loucasg Wrote: Get Autosleep, it's just $3.99, a one-off purchase (unlike other apps that need a subscription) and offers great reports, including deep sleep, REM etc. Has great reviews regarding the accuracy of reports.

apps.apple.com/app/autosleep-track-sleep-on-watch/id1164801111

* Had to get anew iPhone for work. It's a supervised phone.  My old one the battery failed.
* Changing over was a trial. Now I get to set the darn thing up.
* I'm grateful that I have the 3 programs. I missed them when my old iPhone was pooched.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,818 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,003 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 230 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.