Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Watches/devices
RE: Smart Watches/devices
(03-20-2021, 10:30 PM)biorn Wrote: Fitbit charge 4:
  • the spo2 is useless too, just a chart of the variation rate.
  • The sleep stage tracking seem to be good. (lot's of correlation with my cpap records)
  • Heart rate tracking is worse
  • lots of bugs

I should add that the graphs that I posted above where I lined up my Fitbit graphs with my sleep study graphs, that's a Fitbit Charge 3. The heart rate tracking looked pretty good to me.

(One of the particular findings of the study was repeated instances of tachycardia, and that's what my Fitbit tells me, too.)

(I have a medical history of tachycardia, that's why I bought the Fitbit, and the original ChargeHR, Charge2, and now Charge3 have been spot on for heart rate tracking. I wonder if your FB is losing good contact with your arm while you are asleep? I wear carpel tunnel braces on both arms, and maybe that helps the FB keep a good position?)
Post Reply Post Reply
When you start to move like running and fitness accuracy is worth.

But work well on my bike and during the rest of the day and night.

My fb don’t move, very straight on my arm and in the best position.

In fact the majority of the watch react like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fascinating.

I want to record blood oxygen levels at night. I can't now.

I'm currently using a Garmin Vivoactive HR watch that gives simple sleep studies. Their main benefit has been that I've improved my sleep hygiene. I sleep longer. I've trended my sleep performance for several years with it. Generally...I get twice as much deep sleep since I replaced my ResMed S9E with my S10 (set up with suggestions from wonderful people here.)

So I'm sleeping longer, and deeper. And I'm feeling better, generally.

Next step?

I'd like to have a watch or device that gives better sleep reports. I'd like it to sample frequently, not irregularly.

cathyf I appreciate your comments about your fitbit
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave

How/why did the S10 improve things?
Post Reply Post Reply
Benzi I used cpap for over 30 years.
This is my first apap. The challenge was getting it set up. People here helped me so much.
AHI is about the same.

I wake up more rested. I think that happened about 5 times in 30+ years with cpap.

My Garmin watch gives me a sleep report. I've had it for more than 3 years. I get at least twice as much deep sleep with the S10 auto for her.

Short summary? I feel better. Wink
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave
I too have been using a S9, lately having trouble with CA apneas and considering getting an s10 if it can give me a better treatment. Are you using the same settings (pressure, epr, whatever) that you used with the S9?
Post Reply Post Reply
No Benzi. I didn't use EPR with my S9E

The settings were optimized for the S9E here.

After my last sleep study my sleep doc increased my pressure so I might experience more deep sleep. His words.

My words: My sleep quality is better with my S10 apap. It's not about numbers. It's about quality of life. Quality of treatment. Quality of sleep. It's better.

I wish I had done it sooner; done it when I was first advised to do it here.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I'm getting confused by the terminology. APAP, CPAP...

What's the difference between the old machine (S9) and the new one (S10)? Aren't they the same type of machine? As I understand it, they both change pressures as needed during sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP is a constant pressure machine. you set a single pressure and the pressure stays there. NO pressure changes are made,
APAP is an Auto CPAP, Again a single pressure machine, but the pressure changes per the device's programming per the events it detects.

Both machines need to optimized for your use.

S9 An old series of models. Has not been made for man years
S10 The next series of models

S11 not released yet but the new upcoming series of models

The algorithms in all of these machines are very similar, with minor variations
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2021, 09:35 AM)Gideon Wrote: CPAP is a constant pressure machine. you set a single pressure and the pressure stays there.  NO pressure changes are made,
APAP is an Auto CPAP, Again a single pressure machine, but the pressure changes per the device's programming per the events it detects.

Both machines need to optimized for your use.

S9 An old series of models.  Has not been made for man years
S10 The next series of models

S11 not released yet but the new upcoming series of models

The algorithms in all of these machines are very similar, with minor variations

My machine (which I got about 18 months ago) is an S9. It was still being manufactured then for markets outside the US.
Oscar shows me that the pressure changes during the night. So my machine is an auto CPAP? Why is it considered a single pressure machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,846 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 231 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.