Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Watches/devices
RE: Smart Watches/devices
Let's simplify this a little.  Look at the image below.  What name is displayed on your S9?

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2021, 10:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Let's simplify this a little.  Look at the image below.  What name is displayed on your S9?

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

Autoset
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent choice! Big Grin

Adding the "Autoset" label to your profile machine should eliminate any future confusion.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So the S9 autoset and the S10 should basically provide the same experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Pretty close.
Post Reply Post Reply
Neither an S9 nor an S11 will help with CA events. On your machine CA events are treated by simply avoiding them.

CPAP
APAP
BiLevel/BiPAP a 'CPAP machine in which two distinct pressures are set, EPAP/Exhale pressure and IPAP/Inhales pressures, the difference in these two pressures is called Pressure Support. CPAP/APAP have only one pressure which is considered the same as IPAP because they have a comfort feature called EPR which lowers pressure to make it easier to Exhale. Just to confuse matters, When setup properly EPR will behave identically to PS on a BiLevel for the settings of 1,2,3 but that is not a medically recognized method. (We use it extensively here where needed)
Post Reply Post Reply
So Benzi you have an autoset machine! That's far better than my S9E.

The people helping you have far more knowledge and experience than I do. Enjoy!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks y'all for all the info. I guess moving up from my S9 Autoset to an S10 wouldn't make much of a difference. Have to solve the problem of my CA events elsewhere....

Stay well and sleep well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Benzi look what you've uncovered! You have an advanced machine. You can set it up and improve your treatment. Or take the step and find an ASV machine that will help you more.

(I've followed the advice from my sleep-doc-from-_ell. I used my *brick* for 9 years. Each visit I've shown him how many hours the *brick* has run. He was happy. I was compliant. I had used my cpap for enough hours that it exceeded 4 hours times the number of days of use. Wonderful therapy. Not.)

I've used my S9E (a cpap; your machine is better). When I've felt distress in treatment I've used SleepyHead and now Oscar to resolve my issues. So much better than the 4 month delay from my sleep-doc-from-*ell, who had 3000 patients who relied on his care! I had over 21,000 hours on it when I replaced it. It's set aside in case I need a back-up.

Along the wonderful path of discovery I've met incredibly well informed people here. I wish I had their skill!

I'm still considering an iWatch 6. However, I'm holding due to cost. The reason I want one is to be able to record blood oxygen levels so I may improve my therapy.

OR consider monitoring these levels some other way.

I'm grateful for everyone's comments. I need to learn more.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave

Thanks for the encouragement!
I've been using the S9 Autoset for more than a year and a half. It's only because of people on this forum who helped me find the correct settings and masks that I succeeded in benefitting from the treatment.

I doubt I have any chance of getting an ASV from my insurance (here we call them Sick Funds). They participate in a new machine once in 5 years. If I were convinced that the ASV would help I might buy one anyway (even though I would probably have no manufacturer's support or warranty here) -- but I understand that CA's can sometimes be remedied by finding ways to sleep better. (E.g., my horrible experience with Clonazepam. It cleared up the CA's but made me into an addict. I'm not going that route again but hope there's something else I can do that can help. Maybe upgrading to a better CPAP machine. Maybe finding a safe drug.  Am I making sense?)

Hopefully I'll find something. Who knows, maybe the sleep expert I'm seeing in July will have a suggestion. Meanwhile it's melatonin and Sleep Aid....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,941 4 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 117 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 519 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,203 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,720 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 249 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 592 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.