Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Watches/devices
Smart Watches/devices
Hey all!  I did a search for this, but nothing recent came up for me, so since the holidays are coming, I thought I'd ask.  

I'm looking at devices that give you feedback on the quality of your sleep, as well as o2 and heartrate stats, with also some fitness tracking functions.  Anyone have one they like?  It seems the pulse ox portion of these, if they are on the wrist, aren't super accurate.  There's also the ring one called Oura, and something that goes on your thumb?  What is the recent data on these?  Any of them worth getting for tracking sleep info?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Watches/devices
Ōura seems good for tracking sleep, but definitely doesn’t do SpO2. Watch Series 6 with a third party app like AutoSleep does slightly worse for tracking sleep but it has SpO2.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Garmin does SP02 so does Fitbit but some of there metrics are locked behind a subscription. There's also Polar and Oura ring but I don't think those track SPO2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apple Watch 6 will do EKG, afib warning, Sp02.It will do Sp02 while you sleep, too. Some report it’s inaccurate, for me it’s spot on with my finger pulse SPO2 device.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
AFAIK, the only smart 'watch' that is currently accepted for public use/commercial sales with ECG and SPO@ is the newest Apple watch.  Samsung's new Galaxy Watch 3 is similarly capable, but they're a bit behind getting federal certification in the USA (not sure about Canada, probably the same).

Pretty much all fitness trackers and watches since about 2014 have done a good job assessing sleep, both duration and 'efficiency'.  The other metrics, pretty much nope, and that included the two named above.

I'm currently into year three of a Samsung Gear S2 Sport with the marvelous rotating bezel, lost on the first two Galaxy Watches, and since returned on the Galaxy Watdh 2 (YAY!!).  It records heart rate and sleep, and gives an efficiency report through the S Health app, part of the package that comes loaded on the watch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2020, 08:34 PM)mesenteria Wrote: AFAIK, the only smart 'watch' that is currently accepted for public use/commercial sales with ECG and SPO@ is the newest Apple watch.  Samsung's new Galaxy Watch 3 is similarly capable, but they're a bit behind getting federal certification in the USA (not sure about Canada, probably the same).

Pretty much all fitness trackers and watches since about 2014 have done a good job assessing sleep, both duration and 'efficiency'.  The other metrics, pretty much nope, and that included the two named above.

I'm currently into year three of a Samsung Gear S2 Sport with the marvelous rotating bezel, lost on the first two Galaxy Watches, and since returned on the Galaxy Watdh 2 (YAY!!).  It records heart rate and sleep, and gives an efficiency report through the S Health app, part of the package that comes loaded on the watch.

Thanks.

I've had several that gave sleep reports. One was the first fitbit Heart Rate Monitor watch. It caused a rash on my wrist. I took it back; it was recalled. Haven't had a fitbit since. Maybe it's time?
My current one is a Garmin Vivocactive HR It's the first in that series. It seems to crap out when I'm travelling and don't have my gear tp reprogram it.

Im interested in the Apple Watch, but feeling broke...I'd like to monitor SO-2.  And the EKG interests me.

mesentery, the Samsung Gear S2 Sport sounds interesting. I'll take a look. Thank you.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using Garmin devices for years. My current model is Garmin Venu, and I have previously used Vivoactive HR and Vivoactive 3. Each device has a different sensor for HR and PulseOx. Vivoactive 4 and Venu use the same hardware. With my current device, my heart rate matches my chest HR. The PulseOx is usually slightly lower than my finger PulseOx that I wear overnight.  The two devices are usually within  2-4% of each other.  I find the Garmin useful for trends.  If I do not wear the finger PulseOx overnight, the Garmin is close enough to decide if I need to wear the PulseOx again. I love my Venu for all its features.
Post Reply Post Reply
I came across a new player in this market. Its name is Koretrak. They bait you with a $49 USD price but try to entice you to purchase more than one. Since I was buying this for my wife for the sole purpose of using it to locate her phone, I only wanted one. When I went to checkout, they offered the second on for $27 instead of the $49, so I got it. I don't know if it is able to offload its O2 and Pulse, but that's one of it features.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Koretrak has incredibly poor reviews on the Australian productreview site (which generally validates purchases via receipt uploads, etc). I would be very cautious.

I have a Garmin VivoActive HR which is getting a bit old - current one 2 years old - I got a replacement after 2.5 years - outside the warranty period (thanks Garmin!) when the first one got salt water inside. The heartrate data is collected every minute or so, so not that useful. I have a Wellue SleepU which exports pulse/SpO2 every 4 seconds which is much more useful since heart rate excursions and SpO2 desats can be relatively brief. Would be interesting to see if any of the current generation watches collect (and export!) data at a useful frequency...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Garmin Fenix 6 Pro with wrist HR and Pulse Ox. I run Pulse Ox only at night and I believe it is accurate within 2-5% depending on how tight and movement etc. I have tested the HR with a Suunto chest strap and it is very accurate however a few seconds slow vs the chest strap so nothing to worry about in that space (only really a slight issue if you are doing exercise from a tracking point of view)..

My wife has the Garmin Venu and essentially the same results as me. Edit: Garmin also released the Garmin Venu SQ (Basically a square version of the Venu) which we purchased for our daughter and she loves it (also slightly cheaper than the SQ and better than Fitbits latest products).

I find the sleep tracking to be "not bad" but sometimes it doesn't realise I have woken up and gone back to sleep (maybe because I will attempt to not move much in the hope I can go back to sleep).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,848 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 231 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.