Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Watches/devices
RE: Smart Watches/devices
Wow. What an experience. Which watch do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Apple Watch 6
Glen in Ft Lauderdale
Retired and in Quarantine....
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Oura and the Fitbit Sense. They aliegn almost lock step which was not the case with prior versions of the Fitbit. 

The Oura has been put up against PSG and does really well. Both use many metrics to register sleep stages. The one I haven’t heard mentioned here is HRV.....worth a read if you’ve never heard of the concept.

I also use a Wellue O2 ring. Best device I’ve ever bought. If you think CPAP in anyway is not giving you the results you’re expecting, get one of these. The biggest lesson for me is that even with a sub 1 AHI my O2 chart can still look like garbage with desaturations bellow 90 for 40-50 minutes at a time. Yet this would be considered treated by most Sleep Doctors. The answer to the question you’re thinking was positionally induced flow limitations. Set the flags right in OSCAR and you’ll see. Added a soft cervical collar and charts look like a flatline now. Would have never known without the Wellue O2 ring.

Deep sleep doubled and I feel the best I have ever felt as a result. If you can afford the technology than get some. Might also change your mind on drinking close to bedtime!

Hope this helps.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2020, 12:31 PM)Mercergirl Wrote: I love the Apple Watch. A year or so ago my watch warned me of a very low heart rate (30 BPM) while sleeping and my doctor lowered my blood pressure medicine dosage. I would never have known otherwise.

My Apple Watch series 6 seems fairly accurate in measuring blood oxygen. I wear it at night to keep a check on my O2 levels and it takes readings periodically I assume when my arm is flat and still. During the day I have to make a concentrated effort to place my arm on a flat surface and keep it perfectly still to get a measurement. I am following up with my sleep doctor due to low O2 measurements during sleep.

Thanks for your post 
Interesting....my resting heart rate seems low.
DaveL
Compliant for about 30 Canadian years

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. I hope to learn from you, and share my experiences with you. 
Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weinmann/Lowenstein Prisma Smart how to change CPAP / APAP Karpina 2 1,335 12-30-2020, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Camera Obscura
  Pulse Ox Smart Watch Monitoring podsJ 11 363 12-16-2020, 08:28 PM
Last Post: podsJ
  What devices actually work? Anarchrox 6 291 09-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mandibular Advancement Devices - is your mouth supposed to be closed ? vrapche031 12 591 06-05-2020, 01:34 PM
Last Post: vrapche031
Question CPAP Cleaning devices dugoodm 9 1,026 02-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SPO2 data on some Fitbit devices Clay L 3 694 02-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Clay L
  ResMed Autosense smart start not working gary1 4 1,046 11-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.