Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smart Watches/devices
RE: Smart Watches/devices
(11-20-2020, 12:45 AM)Fourkidletts Wrote: Hey all!  I did a search for this, but nothing recent came up for me, so since the holidays are coming, I thought I'd ask.  

I'm looking at devices that give you feedback on the quality of your sleep, as well as o2 and heartrate stats, with also some fitness tracking functions.  Anyone have one they like?  It seems the pulse ox portion of these, if they are on the wrist, aren't super accurate.  There's also the ring one called Oura, and something that goes on your thumb?  What is the recent data on these?  Any of them worth getting for tracking sleep info?

I can see that this thread has been going on for a long time, but I could not see any reference to the Withings ScanWatch. I bought one a few months ago and have been very impressed. It would appear to answer your list of requirements:
Sport: it can track workouts and upload them to Strava
Sleep: it is the only one I have found that is actually certified for its sleep apnea detection (it measures heart rate, ECG, SPO2, movement, etc. and integrates the information)
also: it has a normal dial with hands and a face
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 07:15 AM)Pineyk Wrote: I can see that this thread has been going on for a long time, but I could not see any reference to the Withings ScanWatch. I bought one a few months ago and have been very impressed. It would appear to answer your list of requirements:
Sport: it can track workouts and upload them to Strava
Sleep: it is the only one I have found that is actually certified for its sleep apnea detection (it measures heart rate, ECG, SPO2, movement, etc. and integrates the information)
also: it has a normal dial with hands and a face

That is very interesting. Does it give you AHI? Have you correlated the Withings data with Oscar?

I would like to know what my AHI is with and without CPAP, but I can't get an AHI figure without CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am encouraging everyone to read the thread, linked below, before using the "Reply with Quote" option.

NOTICE: REPLY with Quote button - Don't use it if you don't have to
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not done any comparisons, but I will contact Withings about the Apnea Hypopnea Index (AHI)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just found my way back and can give you more information. Although the Withings ScanWatch only gives you the number of sleep interruptions (as well as SpO2, heart rate, etc.) the Withings Sleep Analyzer device that you place under the mattress is certified for sleep apnea and gives you the average number of apnea events per hour as well of a graph showing you the frequency across the night. I think it works well although I was dubious at first, but with one month in which to send it back, I decided to try it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful with using the word “certified” as it means different things to different countries. In the USA no Withings device is officially certified. The Sleep Analyzer performs well based on analysis by the YouTube’r TheQuantifiedScientist. The watches not quite so recommended for detailed analysis, but for general sleep info they work fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point. However, the European certification body has officially certified the sleep analyzer by Withings (not the watch) as stated at the end of this article: Sleep Analyzer (EU & ROW) - Tracking my sleep apnea – Withings | Support

I don't think that the US version of apnea would actually be different from the European one so the certification could give a fair level of confidence in the readings wherever they are taken. However as you can read in the article, it is not available in the US pending FDA approval.
Post Reply Post Reply
A good bit of information on the testing of the device can be found at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8314651/.

For a detailed review of it by TheQuantifiedScientist in 2021 https://youtu.be/Nh2J_cP-C0E?si=CBXHI1xm5prXIa9r.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. The first link is extremely interesting as it does describe a genuine clinical trial from the national institute of health of the apnea detection capability.

The second link, however, only addresses the sleep analysis and does not mention the apnea feature
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a Garmin Venu 2 for the last year or so. I got it mainly for fitness tracking, but having integrated pulse ox while I'm sleeping is another good way of gauging whether I'm breathing better at night or not. I know they're either just now releasing, or will be releasing very soon, the Venu 3, but it doesn't really add any new features that would make it worth the extra cost to me (I think the biggest change is a 'sleep coach' feature). I wish they'd integrate EKG functionality into it like the Apple and Samsung watches have.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 5 185 04-21-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 5,137 04-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 563 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,233 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,782 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 258 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 602 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.