Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smartphones: which have you?
Smartphones: which have you?
Curious Dave here, asking the above title question. Why Dave? Because I've not much else to do, and Mom gave me a replacement 7,200 mAh battery for my ancient Samsung Note 4. BTW it was packaged with a bumped out battery door/phone back and a rubber phone protector for less than $25.

So happy 50th Dave! SHa_clap2

lots-o-coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Smartphones: which have you?
the big 5 - 0! happy b'day Dave! my first and only smartphone has been a note 5. big enough but not too big. gotta have the stylus; never learned to operate a smartphone with my fingers; it just doesn't seem to work well; plus it keeps fingerprints on the screen to a minimum. 7200 mAh is huge isn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave: 

When I retired after almost 50 years on the road, I got rid of my watch & my cell phone. No need, no use, no stress.  Dancing

Have a happy 50th. Coffee 

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
onePlus 6T

it has a lot smaller battery Dave, but very little bloatware
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(06-04-2019, 08:31 PM)sheepless Wrote: the big 5 - 0!  happy b'day Dave!  my first and only smartphone has been a note 5.  big enough but not too big.  gotta have the stylus; never learned to operate a smartphone with my fingers; it just doesn't seem to work well; plus it keeps fingerprints on the screen to a minimum.  7200 mAh is huge isn't it?

Yes I think so. I could have chosen this other HUGE battery on eBay that was just over 10,000 mAh, but either the seller or the product was poorly rated so I passed.

Free virtual birthday cake on me! Smile
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 08:32 PM)snorybob Wrote: Dave: 

When I retired after almost 50 years on the road, I got rid of my watch & my cell phone. No need, no use, no stress.  Dancing

sb.

Thanks.

Assuming you're/were a fellow truck driver. I had to quit my regional OTR stuff after 11 years due to multiple back injures in '09.
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 08:44 PM)bonjour Wrote: onePlus 6T  

it has a lot smaller battery Dave, but very little bloatware

Wouldn't mind minimal bloatware myself. At least my Note 4 isn't connected to a service provider; Wi-Fi only for this mini tablet. This jumbo battery just made the Note about twice as thick as it was. IMO I like the feel better though.
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(06-04-2019, 08:59 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

sb.

Thanks.

Assuming you're/were a fellow truck driver. I had to quit my regional OTR stuff after 11 years due to multiple back injures in '09.

You are assuming right, I was. I stopped working for a laminectomy surgery & ended up with paraparesis & failed back syndrome.  
Then I retired. Oh-jeez    It's hard but a lot of people have it worse than me so I can't complain. 

My apnea therapy is doing good & I'm feeling great. Smile    Hope things go well for you!  Coffee  

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2019, 03:46 PM)snorybob Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 08:59 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

sb.

Thanks.

You are assuming right, I was. I stopped working for a laminectomy surgery & ended up with paraparesis & failed back syndrome.  
Then I retired. Oh-jeez    It's hard but a lot of people have it worse than me so I can't complain. 

My apnea therapy is doing good & I'm feeling great. Smile    Hope things go well for you!  Coffee  

sb.

Thanks, sb. Best to ya as well. My last job, just after driving, was an IT-ish support job. I'm "retired" AKA disabled. Can't even do less than sedentary.
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy belated birthday Dave!
I always think of you as my ASV brother as we started our ASV journey's about the same time, you were ahead of me by a bit though, always appreciated you kind comments. 
I have an Iphone 7 plus, the bigger version. My brother started working for Apple late last year and wants me to get the new latest greatest Iphone for 25% off, but that's still quite a lot of money and there is nothing wrong with the one I have! maybe when the new ones come out, who knows.
I am 56 and still working, hopefully until something makes me stop, I am not sure what I would do with no where to go every day, or night, as I work the overnight shift. I do really love what I do as I work at a hospital and get to help make the lives of our patients better. I work in behavioral health.
Sleep-well
Robert
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.