Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smell possibly coming from my Resmed Airsense 10
RE: Smell possibly coming from my Resmed Airsense 10
Thanks eseedhouse. What do you recommend? I'm using a product from Arrowhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
cheapest gallon of distilled water in the store... should be right around a dollar (+ tax since you are in CA)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I go get some tomorrow. I appreciate your information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure the it says 'Distilled' on the label and then go for the cheapest you can find. All distilled water is exactly the same, nothing but 100% pure H2O.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2016, 03:40 AM)Normbc9 Wrote: My wife tells me she can smell a odor of some plastic being hot. She thinks it comes from my ACPAP machine. She sleeps in another room. I smell nothing other than when I awaken and remove the Humidifier the bottom of that container is very warm. Is there a problem developing that I should be aware of?

Maybe she is smelling heated tube? When new it will out-gas a little, especially if temperature set to max for highest humidity.

You would be used to the slight odor, so you wouldn't notice it.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just Mongo,
It took more than a few days but your suggestion certainly has helped me to find a solution. Thank you for posting this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you and all those who posted trying to give me helpful suggestions. I'm on my 3rd sleep period of use and using several suggestions the unit is now doing what it should and the user (Me) is now paying attention!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I am using the Airsense 10 for more than a year now, and I also have a smell problem.
It started after a few weeks, and my machine was replaced. Unfortunately the smell returned with the new machine. I tried to rinse hose, mask and container, but no luck.
the only thing that improved the smell is going out of Auto humidifier mode to manual, level=1, which is a pity since one of the advantages of this machine is the climate control and heated tube.
I think the problem is not air filter or dirty tubing, since for many years I used the Respironice REMstar Auto M Series A flex, rarely cleaning the tube and without any smell!
so to me it seems there is some design problem in the Airsense 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only use distilled water, not regular spring water
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Steve. I appreciate your help. Several members of this Forum have really given me some great help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,606 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,774 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.