Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Smokeless
Thumbsup 
I just realized yesterday that I am now 2 years Smoke Free.

After many attempts I have succeeded.

Banana Coffee
I just realized I'm more in demand and very valuable....I'm an antique!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats That is a huge accomplishment
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear it, Bompa. Now what other vices can you give up?
Post Reply Post Reply

Well done Bompa. It's better for your own health and for everybody around you. On behalf of all the resentful passive smokers out here, can I say Thank You!
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done old man! You cannot believe the knock-on positive effect giving up the cancer stick has had on your overall health, and yes, new studies show that even giving them up in one's 60's and 70's still has a massive beneficial effect, sinking heart attack deaths by up to 40%, so, gut gemacht and keep on breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 06:08 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Well done Bompa. It's better for your own health and for everybody around you. On behalf of all the resentful passive smokers out here, can I say Thank You!

What he said ! ! !
Congrats!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Bompa,
Good for you!

My dad started smoking when he was 14 and stopped when he was 72. He lived to be in his 80,s, but did have emphysema.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well done! Don't be surprised if the urge to smoke sneaks up on you again--it doesn't last.

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bompa,
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure it was very rough for you to quit, it's great to hear that you have been smokeless for 2 years.
Keep up the good wor, good jobk.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

BananaCongratsWell-doneGood-workSHa_clap2

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply