Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cloth Masks
Cloth Masks
Just wondering if anyone has any experience using a full face cloth mask. Are the comfortable? Do they leak etc. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cloth Masks
(08-03-2015, 05:28 PM)andyjh64 Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has any experience using a full face cloth mask. Are the comfortable? Do they leak etc. Thanks

these threads have some info:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eaver-Anew

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Nasal-Mask

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...loth-Masks

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 05:28 PM)andyjh64 Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has any experience using a full face cloth mask. Are the comfortable? Do they leak etc. Thanks

My wife loves hers.

I must have bough her a dozen different masks over ht past few years, and this is her favorite.

It's not "full face" though, it's just nose.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. Sounds like leaking is a problem with the full face ones, as I suspected.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 05:28 PM)andyjh64 Wrote: ...has any experience using a full face cloth mask. Are the comfortable? Do they leak etc. ...

I have a Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask. It's a good to great mask. Worth trying out. 5-10 minutes the first time using the mask to both get used to it and work out how to avoid leaks. The DVD shows you a few things that need to be done.

I will be ordering the full face mask today!

While the nasal is a good mask, nasal congestion drops the effectiveness of the treatment (with this mask or any OTHER nasal mask) and can cause mouth breathing or alternating between nose/mouth.

It's a personal choice, would rather start with a cloth mask (which is one of the lightest masks in the world at the moment), right now to get treatment and then to build up to the heavier plastic shell full face mask later on if required.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Anew and I am determined to make it work. Oh the crazy things I have tried...

After a 20 minute talk with a service rep...I need to forget tightening the straps. She said over and over...you probably have the straps too tight. So, I hooked it up, got in bed for about an hour and while it felt like it was leaking...it did not. I am not accustomed to having my mouth fall open...it will open most easily without a chin strap and she said NO CHIN STRAP! It seals better if my jaw opens... so, I upped the humidity a bit as well as used some Biotene for dry mouth. I do not mouth breath, but my jaw has been trained to drop after I had major clenching issues pre diagnosis of sleep apnea. Crazy jaw knew it had to stay in place and not drop back. On its own, (honest!) it decided to clench in order to not fall back and create an apnea event if at all possible....Oh the jaw pain I had for years because of this!Oh-jeez

Yes, it was not even an hour, but my machine was responding to whatever, which it does not do with those way out leaks. With lots of leaks the machine just flatlines it! Tonight will be the big test...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just got received my first mask the wisp nasal pillow, but a cloth mask seems like it would be nice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 455 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.