Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sneezing from nasal mask
Sneezing from nasal mask
Hello My Fellow Tube Junkie,
I have started to sneeze uncontrollable. I do feel that my nasal passages are getting irritated and causing me to sneeze. I also think it could be because I am inhaling cool air since my husband like the room at 70 degrees. Is anyone else experiencing this problem.
THANKS,
DIANE
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sneezing from nasal mask
Are you really using no humidifier? I would have soooo many issues without a humidifier. when mine goes dry I start coughing and sneezing immediately. I use a heated hose - i really hate cold air blowing on me (or in me, it seems) I turn it up to 86 (max) and have not moved it even in this amazingly hot summer, when I threw all the blankets off and was comfortable! I also set the humidity to 4. Higher if I have any upper respiratory illness going on.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
^
What Daria said. Gat a humidifier and a heated hose, ASAP, and use them to the fullest.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Diane,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What the others have said.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2015, 04:13 PM)Diane Lecca Wrote: Hello My Fellow Tube Junkie,
I have started to sneeze uncontrollable. I do feel that my nasal passages are getting irritated and causing me to sneeze. I also think it could be because I am inhaling cool air since my husband like the room at 70 degrees. Is anyone else experiencing this problem.
THANKS,
DIANE

As others have mentioned, you need a humidifier if you don't have one.

Another possibility is that the mask or hose has some sort of allergen in it like mold or cat dander or something else you're allergic to.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 392 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.