Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snore Index increase with pressure
Snore Index increase with pressure
Is snore index a big deal ?

I have been on apap for 2 years with little problems. I have to be reviewed every year by a sleep doctor for my job. After last review my doctor had me have a sleep study done to check what pressure is required. As my machine was delivering around 8 cmh2o in auto mode. My doc said he never seen anyone my size on less then 10 cmh2o .

The sleep study showed some apnea still at 12 cm so 14 cm was recommended and to run my machine in cpap at 14cm. When I reset my machine I left it in auto but increased the treatment pressure to 14 and it provided pressure around 14cm. I have since configured my machine to cpap with a treatment pressure of 14cm. Since going to 14cm in both apap and cpap my snore index has increased but my ahi is still good at under 2.
Snore index runs from 6.8 to 117 at 14 cmh2o when pressure was around 8 cmh2o snore index was from .2 to 23.
So does increase pressure lead to more snoring or is it just my machine.
Report from my BCM Resmart acpap machine.
I hope this has made some sense.
[attachment=788]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snore Index increase with pressure
My bet it is the other way around. The pressure is going up because the snoring is increased. Well, not because of the snoring but because of the flow limitation that is causing the snoring.

The report isn't really useful for this purpose because we can't see the data to compare. As in the snore alongside the pressure.

However, your AHI is great. Unless you are OCD perfectionist, I'd not worry about getting it lower. If you are feeling good, sleeping well, and meeting your compliance, just keep an eye on it. You may want to consider some ways to keep you off your back. Some sew a pocket on the back of an old tshirt and put a tennis ball in it. Others wear a backpack with stuff in it. Whatever works.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snore Index increase with pressure
I still have some snore and flow limitation -- (which is actually a scoring of the shape of the flow waveform.)
I tried small deltas in IPAP and EPAP pressures to see if I could get a sense of whether it would change my snore and flow limitation.
Since both my AHI and O2 are good, and I am at my doc's prescribed pressure -- I'm satisfied to stay where I am.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 114 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 207 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,224 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  [Pressure] More tired after pressure increase EndarSpire 8 415 02-09-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 170 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 392 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 275 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.