Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirCurve 10 VAuto
AirCurve 10 VAuto
Is the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto the newer version of the S9 VPAP Auto?

Or is some other A10 a better choice for an upgrade to my S9 VPAP Auto?

I read this in the A10 literature and it makes me wonder if it's a feature designed to treat central sleep apnea.

Quote:IMPORTANT FUNCTION NOTE: The AirCurve 10 VAuto machine does spontaneously regulate the breathing pattern to avoid cycling which results in inefficient breathing. This feature CANNOT be turned off. This machine is NOT a BiLevel ST machine and DOES NOT have a back up rate setting.

I want to ask my doctor to prescribe the right machine for me. I'm perfectly happy with my S9 but I want to have something newer in case it breaks or wears out. Plus, I think my insurance may consider me eligible for a new machine. It's been over 4 years since the last one.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 VAuto
The AirCurve 10 VAuto is the upgraded version of the S9 VPAP auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2016, 09:06 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I read this in the A10 literature and it makes me wonder if it's a feature designed to treat central sleep apnea.

Quote:IMPORTANT FUNCTION NOTE: The AirCurve 10 VAuto machine does spontaneously regulate the breathing pattern to avoid cycling which results in inefficient breathing. This feature CANNOT be turned off. This machine is NOT a BiLevel ST machine and DOES NOT have a back up rate setting.

Had my third yearly appointment with my sleep doc this morning. She wrote me a prescription for this machine and also for the PRS1 BiPAP Auto 760P. Now we'll see if my insurance company will allow it, or if I have to wait until November when I reach the five-year mark.

By the way, when we were looking at these machines online she went to Supplier #1 web site and I had her read the above quote from the A10 product description. She said it doesn't make sense to her, either.

Thoughts, anyone?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 03:58 PM)Sleepster Wrote:

By the way, when we were looking at these machines online she went to Supplier #1 web site and I had her read the above quote from the A10 product description. She said it doesn't make sense to her, either.

The word "cycling" here refers to the end of inhalation / beginning of exhalation.

In other words, I think ResMed is saying the machine avoids prematurely ending Pressure Support.

I think the implication is that cycling back to the low EPAP pressure is delayed slightly if our inhalation is very short or stop-and-go. Or can be delayed, by appropriate adjustment of the minimum time allowed for inhalation.

Not sure why there is such strong emphasis on the inability to turn this feature off, since I suspect the S9 VPAP Auto and AirCurve 10 Auto have the same adjustability in this regard.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe what they are saying is that the machine allows a programmable window for you to spontaneously cycle to EPAP. It does not provide a timed backup rate Like the VPAP ST. This would be the same as our S9 VPAP Auto. At least that is my interpretation of their clumsily worded statement.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 2 23 22 minutes ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 990 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 152 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 691 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 153 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,365 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.