Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snore detection?
Snore detection?
I recently changed from a Philips System One to a Resmed Airsense 10, and when comparing the sleepyhead charts, the Philips showed values for snore, RERA and a bunch of other things that the Resmed does not show... Should it? Am I missing a configuration or something?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snore detection?
Did you create another user profile when you changed machines? If not, I'd try that first since each machine has different reporting parameters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sure did... I figured that different machines report different things, but I am kind of surprised at the few parameters that the resmed reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, Make sure the Essentials setting (ON by default) is set to the PLUS mode to provide enhanced information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed reports RERAs and snores in Sleepyhead.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys... I will check into that!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2018, 12:00 PM)horsepower Wrote: I recently changed from a Philips System One to a Resmed Airsense 10, and when comparing the sleepyhead charts, the Philips showed values for snore, RERA and a bunch of other things that the Resmed does not show... Should it? Am I missing a configuration or something?

The Resmed draws a graph for snores. It does not mark it as an event like the Philips. Also the Resmed won’t document RERA unless some occur, after you receive your first RERA the events will display even if none occur
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, you're right... thats what was throwing me off... The philips would show on the left in red, VS1 and VS2... the resmed only shows it in the graph.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,875 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 209 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 304 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 729 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  O2ring Motion Detection? Windswell 4 1,030 04-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Flow rate and leak detection KC2684 2 410 04-07-2023, 02:35 PM
Last Post: KC2684
  How can you snore without any flow limits? TexasDon 2 556 03-19-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.