Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snore showing up out of no where
Snore showing up out of no where
Hi, been back on my machine for a few weeks now after taking a year off.  I'm a bit rusty on the knowledge of things, but I was curious to hear insight on what exactly is happening with the snore indicators.  As of this week, they seem to be massive, when just a week ago and all the times before I had virtually zero.  I'll include screenshot from last night and then one from just a week ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snore showing up out of no where
Just turn off the VS2 flag using the event selector at the bottom-left of the daily details chart VS2 does not affect pressure and seems to record a lot of extraneous noises. For example, if your CPAP tube rubs over the edge of your night stand, that will get picked up as VS2. Since these are cluttering up your events, it would be helpful to turn them off so we can focus on more meaningful issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2020, 11:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just turn off the VS2 flag using the event selector at the bottom-left of the daily details chart  VS2 does not affect pressure and seems to record a lot of extraneous noises.  For example, if your CPAP tube rubs over the edge of your night stand, that will get picked up as VS2.  Since these are cluttering up your events, it would be helpful to turn them off so we can focus on more meaningful issues.

Makes sense to me, I will get that turned off.  My tube does rub up against both nightstand and headboard.  Odd that I've never had this issue before this week though.  Makes me wonder if I'm moving around a lot more at night.  Maybe it's time to bust out the camera again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2020, 11:59 AM)MoApnea Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 11:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just turn off the VS2 flag using the event selector at the bottom-left of the daily details chart  VS2 does not affect pressure and seems to record a lot of extraneous noises.  For example, if your CPAP tube rubs over the edge of your night stand, that will get picked up as VS2.  Since these are cluttering up your events, it would be helpful to turn them off so we can focus on more meaningful issues.

Makes sense to me, I will get that turned off.  My tube does rub up against both nightstand and headboard.  Odd that I've never had this issue before this week though.  Makes me wonder if I'm moving around a lot more at night.  Maybe it's time to bust out the camera again.

Most likely you and we have restless nights. Day to day night to night, it varies. Especially now not being active working. 

If you don't crash maybe the way you used to try sleeping aids. Melatonin or benadryl... or whatever.

I hang my hose through a hair band, and the VS2 picked up some so I guess I sleep sounder than I thought. Maybe It would be good to keep it on to see how soundly we sleep ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Following up on this.  My VS is getting worse and worse.  Sharing an image of last night and from a month ago.  I've never had VS scores even register for the first year or so of doing the CPAP, but in the past month it's grown from nothing to this.  

The only change with me is that I actually went off ambien about 2 weeks ago.  I've been on for several years and I've been doing a slow taper and finally quit, but I would think that would only have a positive impact.  

Could my machine be acting up or am I just snoring or moving out of control?

Post Reply Post Reply
What other changes have taken place from then to now? Weight change either way can be a big factor. Other medications?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 02:26 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: What other changes have taken place from then to now? Weight change either way can be a big factor. Other medications?

Weight has stayed within a 5 lb window, no new meds.  

One new thing that has started to happen is rain out.  I've never had that happen before but in the past week it's happened twice and my wife claims my machine was making a weird noise last night but when she woke me up I didn't hear anything unusual.  I can only think that it's happening because our room can get real cold when the AC runs and that's started up in the past month.  I don't know if condensation buildup could cause any false VS readings.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a change to your "normal" situation. Rainout is typically handled by a heated hose, an insulating hose cover, or both.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 02:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: It's a change to your "normal" situation. Rainout is typically handled by a heated hose, an insulating hose cover, or both.

You know, another change that I've noticed is that my machine sounds louder.  It use to be very quiet, but now when I inhale it's very noisy.  My wife says that she thinks it sounds louder.  Those two things go together also, I've noticed this change around the same time the snores started showing up on the report.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, a LOT of VS2 flagging there. Mostly in an unusual, repeating pattern. OK, an if supposition thinking...if the machine is having some issue causing noise, can the VS2 be the DreamStation picking up its own noises? I say it looks possible. Get the noise issue looked at. Some of these PR DreamStations have had noise issues that could lead to machine failure. I'm not saying it definitely will lead to a failure, but that doesn't mean to procrastinate on getting it checked out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  CT showing deviated septum TryingToGetItRight 1 305 11-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 705 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,611 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97
  [Equipment] OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing phoenixsaga 10 1,168 09-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.