Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snore showing up out of no where
RE: Snore showing up out of no where
I'm not familiar w pr machines & there are others that can better advise you. until then I'll point out that your machine runs at max pressure & it looks like epap wants to go up too. I read that pr machines respond to snores, suggesting that higher pressure settings might help reduce them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2020, 11:26 AM)sheepless Wrote: I'm not familiar w pr machines & there are others that can better advise you. until then I'll point out that your machine runs at max pressure & it looks like epap wants to go up too. I read that pr machines respond to snores, suggesting that higher pressure settings might help reduce them.

You are right that with each snore, it bumps up the pressure for a bit.  Before these abnormal snores being registered, it showed very clearly how it would rise up and then drop if a snore happened.  Now it just flat lines at the top because the machine is registering snores all night long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing to note on this, the machine is registering snores the moment I turn the machine on. I know I did not fall asleep for at least 15 minutes last night while having the machine on, yet I laid there quietly, not moving.
Post Reply Post Reply
if you're thinking your machine might be malfunctioning and you're not actually snoring that much, try an audio (or video) recorder. some snore recording apps are sound activated. the trick, in my very limited experience with only one app, is to adjust them to ignore the sound of cpap airflow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2020, 01:11 PM)sheepless Wrote: if you're thinking your machine might be malfunctioning and you're not actually snoring that much, try an audio (or video) recorder.  some snore recording apps are sound activated. the trick, in my very limited experience with only one app, is to adjust them to ignore the sound of cpap airflow.

I actually thought about activating my nest camera for a month subscription to review, but haven't figured out just how to do that in their new Google environment.  Last time I tried that a couple years ago, it was interesting to see that several times an hour I would rub my face with my hand.

I'll check out some of those apps also
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 406 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 174 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 283 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  CT showing deviated septum TryingToGetItRight 1 304 11-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 701 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,609 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97
  [Equipment] OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing phoenixsaga 10 1,166 09-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.