Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring
Snoring
Snoring with CPAP thoughts

It is a known fact that sleep apnea is detrimental to the health of an individual, but the impact it has does not stop there. This disease can affect a patient’s spouse, significant other or family members health as well! Worrying about the health of another that you care for causes anxiety, but added to that you witness a person stops breathing throughout the night. Then dealing with this person’s fatigue throughout the day and the snoring that keeps everyone in close vicinity awake – now it is affecting the health and well-being of other individuals as well.

The one topic that is very common, and one of the prime indicators of sleep apnea, is snoring. It is up to your physician to assure that you are at risk for sleep apnea and to ultimately to have a pursuit in treating it. I am no medical practitioner, but I can tell you that sometimes, even after you receive a positive pressure machine, the snoring – just – doesn’t – stop! So imagine, you are fatigued, and you’ve sought the guidance of a sleep study, or you were encouraged by another to do so. You discover that sleep apnea is a factor to your health and that a CPAP is needed to correct this issue. You receive the CPAP machine and the snoring, a prime factor, is still evident. This whole situation is very hard for a new user to positive pressure therapy, and it is rightfully justified. So do not feel that you are in the minority in this situation, because you are certainly not. You deserve answers!

The first suggestion is to seek guidance, as this is the point where it becomes somewhat difficult as to what kind of advice you are to be seeking. Should it be from your physician, your DME provider or even a friend? As I do in every post, I warn you on consulting with the providers available. It is unfortunate that some providers lack the experience, care or understanding of the situation to fully assure your comfort and compliance to your positive pressure therapy. So after any consultation, attempt to seek to assure that you can trust that answer with second opinions. Make sure the recommendations from your doctor assure you feel comfortable and are sound. Find validity to what your DME provider (durable medical equipment) has suggested for you to do and do the same if you seek to advise from online forums, blogs such as this one or any other external resource! So here is the point of this first suggestion, do not ignore this problem; if you are wearing CPAP therapy and are currently snoring it is a problem that should be researched! So seek guidance and recommendation.

If you have the right sort of guidance, most are going to hope for you to have a download completed of your positive pressure device’s data through a program. Whether it is the brand software from the manufacturer or an external software, it is the first step in assuring the machine you are using is working appropriately. Hopefully, you have received a device that provides detailed data on a night to night basis, if you have then the download will offer excellent information for your providers; once the download has been reviewed a recommendation will be given, and it is possible that the machines prescription pressure may need to be changed.

In closing, I can’t truly suggest that if you are snoring that you should have a pressure change completed on your machine. However, I will suggest that it warrants a download to be completed on your device. In some users, it means that more pressure may be required to help maintain an open airway throughout the night eliminating the snoring, sometimes not. As I stated before, do not ignore the problem. Have a download completed to assure your CPAP therapy is working well for you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,368 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,546 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 971 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 520 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,318 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 765 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.