Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring
Snoring
My wife told me this morning I was snoring while a sleep with my nasal mask and Cpap on. I checked my numbers and I slept for 8.3 hours and AHI was 1.1 with leaks of 8. Any advise?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snoring
Ear plugs.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi utrocks84,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you check your stats through the Sleepyhead software it will show you your "snore" graph. You should, or might, be able to make some conclusions based on that graph. Perhaps the higher points in the graph will correlate with a time of more leakage, which could indicate mouth breathing. The solution would be a chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thxs for info
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask your wife to look and see if your mouth is open during snoring (or she hears inscreased leakage from the mask when you are snoring).

She benefits from a good fitting mask and proper pressures as much as you do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 08:11 AM)utrocks84 Wrote: My wife told me this morning I was snoring while a sleep with my nasal mask and Cpap on. I checked my numbers and I slept for 8.3 hours and AHI was 1.1 with leaks of 8. Any advise?
Whats the pressure? excellent set of numbers

Maybe slightly higher minimum pressure but cannot say for sure without seeing the detailed data graphs. the graphs shows whats goes on the entire night. ResScan and SleepyHead software download links:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,783 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,706 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 983 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,051 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 566 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,515 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 812 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.