Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring even with cpap
Snoring even with cpap
I have been using the s9 for a few years but am having an ongoing issue. My wife tells me that I am making noises (snoring sounds) even when I'm using my crap.  I'm not sure the pressure is high enough to prevent my mouth from opening, I thought it was but apparently I'm wrong. I'm actually driving my wife from our bed. I don't like that one bit. Any suggestions? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snoring even with cpap
Hi Swiles,
A little more information please.
Do your know what your AHI is and breakdown like Obstructives, Hypopneas, Clear Airway?

Raising the pressure isn't going to keep your mouth closed, but that's not to say you don't need an adjustment in pressure.

It looks like your not using software....it may be time to download #SleepyHead and start tracking your therapy.

You may do better switching to the Auto Mode with a higher pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I kept raising my min. pressure the snores got less and less. My pressure started at 5 and is now at 11 min.

Save the wife and Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are on a constant pressure Cpap, you may want to raise the pressure modestly (a mere 0.5cm does the trick for me when I am congested).

You don't need to have your mouth open to have 'snoring' sounds come from your breathing.

In any case, download sleepyhead and see how much and how often do you snore.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 11:01 AM)Swiles Wrote: I have been using the s9 for a few years but am having an ongoing issue. My wife tells me that I am making noises (snoring sounds) even when I'm using my crap.  I'm not sure the pressure is high enough to prevent my mouth from opening, I thought it was but apparently I'm wrong. I'm actually driving my wife from our bed. I don't like that one bit. Any suggestions? Dont-know

Swiles, if you have the S9 Escape CPAP then there won't be data, however if it is the Elite or Autoset, we could help you figure out what is going on.  Just download #Sleepyhead and upload your data.  Snoring is an early signal of an obstructed airway, and it should be reduced with increased pressure. 

Post back with the model of your S9 machine, and don't forget to get your CPAP setup manual at the link at the top of this page.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Swiles,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just downloaded the Sleepyhead App, read all of my information and looked good, went off of the App and came back a bit later and used the passwords I had written down and it keeps telling me that I have the wrong password, where do I go to get on again or do I just give up the App and forget about it??
Post Reply Post Reply
Try uninstalling the app then download a new copy and install. Fix the opps, Sleepyhead is a great help.

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Swiles, welcome to Apnea Board.

Are you sure it's snoring that your wife can hear? You're using a nasal mask, which means that there's nothing to stop air leaking or escaping through your mouth. So my question is - is it really snoring your wife can hear, or leaking?

#SleepyHead will report both snores and leaks, so it's a good diagnostic aid. I wouldn't bother with a password - though you may need to uninstall and reinstall it to get around that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,457 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,587 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 999 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 531 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,414 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 781 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.