Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring, it should be a important indicator of issues!
Snoring, it should be a important indicator of issues!
I know most of these threads are about issues of Cpap equipment and it is important information for Cpap users.

I remember my father sleeping with his hand holding his head up and snoring a way in the evening watching TV for a few minutes and dropping off to sleep. We did not have internet for research and Cpap machines & never heard of one, but it was downright scary sometimes when hearing your father not breath or gasping for his breath. I would yell over "ha Dad" and it would knock him out of the cycle and he would not be happy because he was sleeping soundly but it was loud and concerning.(1990's >)
Just recently I had surgery in the local hospital and I had to share a room with a lady with similar husband problems. She was impressed with Cpap machine on how quiet it was and that she could not hear me snore and how her husband was a terrible snorer and no one like staying over night because of his snoring. We talked and I mentioned he might not want one because he never needed one before in his eyes and being a older man he would be set in his ways.
I did tell her how to have him home tested and the local nurses will bring a machine and go over how to use it and he would need to use it for about a week and then the machine is brought back and they will know quickly what is going on in his sleep.
So hopefully I did my deed and helped someone live their last few years better and give the rest of the family a chance to sleep with quiet & peace of mind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,357 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,504 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.