Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring - on Sleepyhead
Snoring - on Sleepyhead
Yesterday I took a quick nap since I woke at 4AM since my dog woke me barking (Thanks A LOT Gracie!!!), then I couldn't get back to sleep.... anyway, I started really feeling it around 5:30 PM so I figured I'd catch a 90 minute quick nap even though it's a little late. It's the weekend and I don't clock watch much.

I noticed I actually woke myself up snoring, but decided to wait and pull over my data this morning with the rest of the night's stuff. What I found interesting was that short nap period was pretty much the "best" sleep I had all night. Don't get me wrong, I slept great with a few leaks here and there. AHI under 2, etc.

What I found the most interesting was the snore graph on Sleepyhead barely registered anything, though other times it will register something. I'm not exactly sure how it "knows" when you're storing... and that moment when I woke up, I could tell I was doing the snoring through both my nose and mouth. Leave it to me to figure out how to still snore and get the most out of my apap LOL! Thankfully I just have these low level snores and not a chain saw Smile
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snoring - on Sleepyhead
.........maybe it was the dog snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 10:30 AM)retired_guy Wrote: .........maybe it was the dog snoring.

LOL Not this time.

She has more amusing sleep episodes where she barks, air puffs through her cheeks, paws just a moving like she's sleep running. Kinda funny to watch and hear. Sometimes she sounds more upset/crying so I can't help but wake her up then. She's a large dog, mix of american bulldog (one parent), and aussie shepard and border collie (the other parent). She inherited the heterochromia (two different colored eyes) and is *SMART* as a whip. Sometimes too smart for her own good.

[Image: a59RvxN.jpg]
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 07:18 PM)SandysSpot Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 10:30 AM)retired_guy Wrote: .........maybe it was the dog snoring.

LOL Not this time.

She has more amusing sleep episodes where she barks, air puffs through her cheeks, paws just a moving like she's sleep running. Kinda funny to watch and hear. Sometimes she sounds more upset/crying so I can't help but wake her up then. She's a large dog, mix of american bulldog (one parent), and aussie shepard and border collie (the other parent). She inherited the heterochromia (two different colored eyes) and is *SMART* as a whip. Sometimes too smart for her own good.

[Image: a59RvxN.jpg]

She is a beautiful dog Sandy and of course it goes without saying, she would have to be smart, she's part Aussie!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,691 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,681 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 967 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,043 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 554 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,498 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 798 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.