Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Snoring with CPAP
Snoring with CPAP
Hey all.

First post and I'm not sure what info show's up in profiles, so I'll say my equipment up front.

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
RedMed AirFit F20 Full Mask
Pressure set Min 11 : Max 20

The issue I'm finding is that apparently I'm still snoring with the CPAP on at night. I've tried bumping up the minimum pressure to compensate for this, but I'm just not sure what's going on. I've also tried multiple mask types to try and avoid slippage (previously AirFit N20) but it still seems to occur.

I've pasted some OSCAR data to try and give some context. Given the low AHI it "feels" as though the CPAP should still be working. It doesn't appear to be hitting the minimum / maximum pressure constantly, and while the leaks are there occasionally it doesn't appear to be constant.

I am also paranoid that if I'm snoring that CPAP may not actually be working as well as it should be, and that may be the reasoning for being pretty tired during the day recently, etc.

Long story short
- Snoring still with CPAP.
- Trying to ensure CPAP is working / effective.
- Anything I can do to prevent leakage or combat this happening.

Cheers.

Image was broken, tried to post imgur link but can't with less than 4 posts. Trying this - httpx://i.imgur.com/paBgY40.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snoring with CPAP
Welcome to Apnea Board. At times, snores can mean partial blockage is still present.

The way to link OSCAR is at the bottom of the post where it says New Attachment. You choose file and Add the attachment from there. I think it should work even in your newb status.

See if following the directions on the wiki regarding attaching screenshots helps.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snoring with CPAP
I had to use a chin strap with P30i nasal pillow. Gotta keep that trap shut ! LOL But even with my chip strap you have to make sure it's tight enough. I recently found a option to pressure test before bed. Don't know if your machine has it.

I'm now using a Philips Respironics dreamware face mask..... and the harness puts pressure on my chin by the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,472 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,000 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 531 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,414 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 782 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.