Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So Happy!!
RE: So Happy!!
(11-15-2019, 03:32 PM)bonjour Wrote: He is getting a new machine, observe and see what that yields, and to think about what direction to take.

VAuto does provide higher PS and higher pressure.  PS is at least early on contraindicated because of the generated Central Apneas.

A typical course of action would be to observe for a month with a setting that actually reduces the CO2 somewhat and thus gives some centrals at a manageable level.  Alter the settings as adaption occurs to continue the adaption.   On failure of this to consider ASV and/or EERS.  

I'll add that it is not random guessing but starting with 6 inches and expanding with additional 6 inch segments.

Thanks Bonjour.

Looks good. 

Understandably people (we all) want a faster fix but sometimes things just take a month.  That gives time for the body to adjust and to tritrate/find the best settings the current machine has to offer and surface the remaining gaps.  

I think there is a lot of wisdom in the pitch to work it through for a month and then see where we are.

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
last night was good, the only thing that could've made it better was more sleep...I got home late after a double shift and had to wake up early for my next shift. AHI is thrown off because of the last 45 minutes which was me hitting the snooze button (SWJ).  the other flags may have been just tossing and turning. excluding those events it puts my AHI near zero!! I think it had a lot to do with humidity, tonight I'll be using the highest setting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have come so far in just 10 days! You landed a great machine, learned the FL vs. CA dance, and learned how to ignore SWJ -- and above all, you are finding your sleep to be restful. I hope your shift-work will soon give you a better chance to get in 8 hours or so. Congratulations on moving so quickly toward really effective apnea therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dormeo, I'm very excited and can't wait for the weekend!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2019, 10:11 AM)Bjjpapi Wrote: last night was good, the only thing that could've made it better was more sleep... excluding those events it puts my AHI near zero!!

Congrats!

Looking forward to the next update.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
one can't overstate that sticking with what works might be better sometimes than trying to optimize things too much. For the past few days I've been using Flonase to try and clear some of my nasal congestion. I was using it at night just before bed. The dreams/nightmares caused by Flonase were a bit crazy to say the least. I seem to have also gotten back into the habit of Cheyne stokes breathing, which I think may have more to do with the mask I was using than the actual CPAP. I haven't used Flonase for the last two nights and I'm hoping after switching out masks that tonight gives me another good night like the last one I posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
on the short duration charts I'm not sure why I took the mask off in the middle of the night. that last chart from this morning made me feel like I got beat by a gang last night. Tonight it's back to tried and true...no more messing around with things for a few weeks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that looks like one heck of a night last night. As you say, back to the tried and true and see how it goes. BTW, you might consider using Flonase in the a.m.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2019, 01:05 PM)Bjjpapi Wrote: on the short duration charts I'm not sure why I took the mask off in the middle of the night. that last chart from this morning made me feel like I got beat by a gang last night. Tonight it's back to tried and true...no more messing around with things for a few weeks

If you keep seeing CAs after trying to go back to a better trusted group of settings lower EPR to 2 and then to 1 if needed to kill off the CAs.

Sometimes i have CAs appear like that and Respiration Rate gain a lot of variability when people are sleeping on their backs.  If so learning to slide sleep should help.  

Just an FYI .. I will be on a snowy driving trip for the holiday week and offline.   I am sure others here will respond to help you with any posts you submit while I am gone. 

WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2019, 03:48 PM)WillSleep Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 01:05 PM)Bjjpapi Wrote: on the short duration charts I'm not sure why I took the mask off in the middle of the night. that last chart from this morning made me feel like I got beat by a gang last night. Tonight it's back to tried and true...no more messing around with things for a few weeks

If you keep seeing CAs after trying to go back to a better trusted group of settings lower EPR to 2 and then to 1 if needed to kill off the CAs.

Sometimes i have CAs appear like that and Respiration Rate gain a lot of variability when people are sleeping on their backs.  If so learning to slide sleep should help.  

Just an FYI .. I will be on a snowy driving trip for the holiday week and offline.   I am sure others here will respond to help you with any posts you submit while I am gone. 

WillSleep

Ok Will, just how do does one "slide sleep"?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 579 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  Happy Anniversary...well...almost. David Clark 1 435 12-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Happy Thanksgiving! Big Guy 9 794 11-24-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Happy to Share This :) Abletree 3 679 04-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?) The Latinist 4 816 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Happy new year from France Camera Obscura 4 735 01-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Thumbsup New on board, happy to be there gromo 1 732 12-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.