Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So, I got my first SH report
RE: So, I got my first Sleepyhead report
(06-15-2017, 12:12 PM)Marillion Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 12:06 PM)Crustycabs Wrote: Don't really know how to do that. Sad
(06-15-2017, 11:48 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Your stats page looks a bit like mine in one respect: The hypopneas go way up when EPR is turned off. OTOH, your centrals also went up, which doesn't happen for me.

This suggest to me that you may do better with some EPR, and a lower max pressure. This may require some fiddling. If you think of EPR as creating a bi-level machine, earlier you had minEPAP at 6 and maxIPAP at 9. With your current setting you have minEPAP and maxIPAP both at 9. I'm suggesting that you change your pressures so that maxIPAP gets reduced - to reduce the CA, and your minEPAP doesn't go below 6, to keep OA down. Make changes slowly, to allow your body to get used to the changes.

Also consider other people's advice; some of them know a lot more than I do.

Press the home button and power button at the same time and hold.  That will take you into the Clinical settings.  You can then make the changes from there.

I've already been into the clinical setting menu, but don't remember seeing those. All these acronyms are confusing and difficult to keep track of. I just don't want to adjust the wrong setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry - I forget that it took me a while to learn all those terms.

In the Clinical Menu, under Therapy, with Mode CPAP, you will see 'Set Pressure' - that's the one to reduce slowly, two or three days (or more) at each pressure, possibly down to 7.0. Under Comfort, set EPR to 'On', EPR Type to 'Full Time', and EPR Level to 2 or 3 (try each for best results).

Best of Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah-hah!

That I can understand!

thanks I'll have a go tonight.

Appreciate it!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
not to be a nay sayer, but looks like you probably be better at lower EPR for the short term, and must consider that the exhale pressure is the level that should be raised to fight against obstructive apnea, that the difference between inhale pressure and exhale pressure (about equal to the EPR setting) is more likely to cause Hypopneas and CA events the higher the number.

I would do the following if I had same results:

1. make EPR = 1, for 1 cm of pressure relief.
2. make min pressure equal 7 so that the inhale is 7 cm and exhale pressure is [7 minus 1] equal to 6 cm.
3. make maximum pressure to equal to 9, so that we can see where the machine will adjust and how this variation can make results better/worse.

These settings should be more satisfying than either of the last two settings.

Retain the same setting for more than 4 days so that we see what the collective average is.

good luck,

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 07:01 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: not to me a nay sayer, but looks like you probably be better at lower EPR for the short term, and must consider that the exhale pressure is the level that should be raised to fight against obstructive apnea, that the difference between inhale pressure and exhale pressure (about equal to the EPR setting) is more likely to cause Hypopneas and CA events the higher the number.

2. make min pressure equal 7 so that the inhale is 7 cm and exhale pressure is [7 minus 1] equal to 6 cm.
3. make maximum pressure to equal to 9, so that we can see where the machine will adjust and how this variation can make results better/worse.

Retain the same setting for more than 4 days so that we see what the collective average is.

good luck,

QAL

Okay, I'll make the changes tonight, and report back after the weekend.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 07:01 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: not to be a nay sayer, but looks like you probably be better at lower EPR for the short term, and must consider that the exhale pressure is the level that should be raised to fight against obstructive apnea, that the difference between inhale pressure and exhale pressure (about equal to the EPR setting) is more likely to cause Hypopneas and CA events the higher the number.

good luck,

QAL

On the settings menu, there's a "start pressure" and a "set pressure".

Is start the min and set the max?
Post Reply Post Reply
your machine is in the CPAP mode, and that only give you one pressure, the "set" pressure. It also has a start pressure for easing into sleep where the set pressure gradually is reached. I believe you should change the mode of therapy to "Autoset" mode which causes the machine to change pressure to balance needs. Once you select that, your should have start pressure, min pressure, and max pressure.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2017, 02:17 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: your machine is in the CPAP mode, and that only give you one pressure, the "set" pressure.  It also has a start pressure for easing into sleep where the set pressure gradually is reached.  I believe you should change the mode of therapy to "Autoset" mode which causes the machine to change pressure to balance needs.  Once you select that, your should have start pressure, min pressure, and max pressure.

QAL

Okay! Used your settings for the last four nights. AHI still very bad, and sleep not much better than before I had the machine....

Fix me, PLEASE! Wink

http://imgur.com/Vi8Z6QH
http://imgur.com/PSj9XS6
http://imgur.com/jGu9UKn
http://imgur.com/b30vQUw
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see there are fairly wide differences in AHI, and what parts are OA, H, and CA. But, there is little variation in the median pressure the machine has settled on. Gradually getting to that median pressure as the minimum setting is generally the effective move.

I would ignore the CA scores for a few days at least, and pick some settings that are more effective at squashing the OA and some H. Seeing a consistent flow limitation curve makes me think a lot of the H are due to obstructive characteristics.

I would move the min and max gently higher. Next move for me would be min 7.6 and max 9.6 with same EPR.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Got fed up with the "compliance" BS from the Ins company. The cell service where my machine was located is almost non-existent, so they weren't getting their reports often enough, and I started getting crap from them. Wasn't getting the machine set right, and fighting with and drooling into the mask was driving me nuts. ended up turning the unit back in, and have been struggling with sleep again for the past 8 months.

FINALLY reached the breaking point, and went ahead and bought my own unit that I can use/not use at my discretion without worrying about getting calls from the ins. co.

I'm sure I'll be bugging you all for more help getting this one dialed in, and will get some sleepyhead reports up once I've had it for a couple days.

One question that I have:
How do most of you lie when you sleep? Side? Back? Stomach? Any pros/cons to the various positions?

Thanks!
Crusty
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,396 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.