Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap & Glaucoma
RE: Cpap & Glaucoma
(03-06-2017, 11:22 PM)OpineCone Wrote: Here's a long and detailed account of one glaucoma and sleep apnea patient's search for answers and effective treatment:

http://www.skirsch.com/medical/KirschVisionLoss.htm

While I agree with a lot of what she says, I disagree about the Timolol.  Heck, I'm taking a drug that should have dropped my blood pressure 20 points already and ..... nothing.  As with ALL drugs, you should read the contraindications and concerns or have the pharmacist go over them with you.  My doc discontinued the Timolol when I was diagnosed with bradycardia because in some people, it will slow the heart even more and mine was already too slow at night.  Didn't happen with me, but the new med was working better (at least until a couple of months ago).

But, but... I don't actually have glaucoma despite using glaucoma eye drops. Also, in response to that article, I use latanoprost which is specifically used in the evening. While it works best in the first 3-4 hours after it is dropped in the eye, it continues to work for 24 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to apap and glaucoma Happyeyes 7 478 01-30-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [News] Sleep apnea may be risk factor for glaucoma ApneaNews 7 4,073 12-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  Glaucoma: Best mask? Lukie 19 7,117 03-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Mich

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.