Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I took a clonopin and called the insurance company ....
RE: So I took a clonopin and called the insurance company ....
(04-16-2015, 05:49 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Sorry. Aprica. Remeber the clonopin :grin:

I understand. Smile

You will sometimes find Apria affectionately referred to as "Crapria" around there though...
Post Reply Post Reply
or not affectionately referred to as crapria
Post Reply Post Reply
My three local TriCare approved DMEs are American HomePatient, Lincare, and Crapria. Which would ya'll recommend starting with first?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2015, 07:53 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Mark,
I can understand you not wanting to deal with the insurance mafia, but I have to agree with iSnore (previous post) that you don't know what type of machine you might need.

It is too expensive to buy outright, then find out it is not treating your specific apnea.
Have you looked into doing a home study? Talk to your doctor about your concerns, they have a lot of resources and can guide you.

Whatever you decide, it is way past time for you to make a decision and move on it.
Your health and well being are at stake, not just for you, but for those that love you!
Take care.

I agree I am to exhausted to clearly think.
Wife and I have joint appt with our GP next week and I have agreed to wait and see what his other CPAP patients are experiencing. I did talk with someone I have known and have great faith since divorce and he urges me to try to be patient and see what happens with ins BUT he also says he knows someone going through all the bad stuff and finally just bought an auto-pap and downloaded some free software he thinks from Australia and is gonna do it himself.
"Ya pays yor monies and ya take your chances"
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2015, 08:25 AM)player Wrote: If you do go to 800ccrap be sure you get the return insurance if offered.

!@#$ no they do not.
Does anyone?
If this cannot be discussed openly a hint or a PM would be welcomed....
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 05:35 PM)iSnore Wrote: A couple thoughts… Are you sure the $1,000 mono-level automatic setup will be enough for you--and that you won't need a $2,000 bilevel setup? You can probably get that bipap setup gently used for the same $1,000. If you live north of the river, you might also pay sales tax in Mason. Edit: maybe not on medical gear.

So does this cover everything?

No head out the car window effect.
Runs on 12 vdc
gets good reviews
Sleepyhead support(?)
Brand new w % yr warranty

Quote:ITEM SUMMARY

IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
$1,342.39

+
Free Shipping
(Next day delivery available)
Shipping Policy
YOUR UPGRADES

Heated Humidifier
SmartLink Therapy Tracking Software
Snuggle Hose
Hose Elbow
Standard Diameter Tube Brush
ComfortLine Heated Tubing Kit

edit bad proofreading

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2015, 01:46 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 05:35 PM)iSnore Wrote: A couple thoughts… Are you sure the $1,000 mono-level automatic setup will be enough for you--and that you won't need a $2,000 bilevel setup? You can probably get that bipap setup gently used for the same $1,000. If you live north of the river, you might also pay sales tax in Mason. Edit: maybe not on medical gear.

So does this cover everything?...

I don't know enough about that to say. I don't think it supports an integrated heated tube though, and I'm not sure SleepyHead supports the bilevel version of this. If it were me, I'd spend a bit more on a Respironics DS760TS. And then I might find that it changes my predominantly OSAs to CSAs and I really needed an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply

What are the odds of converting an OSA patient to CSA or something else?
http://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-ap...apnea.html - doesn't seem too likely.
Being born is AFAIK a death sentence. Life has taught me I seldom get a fight for which I am prepared so I will learn what I can and wait until Tuesday and see what I learn there.
Post Reply Post Reply
My 3 cents worth (Cdn): If you can hang on to your appt, then wait. Your doc could recommend a DME to you and give you an initial/temporary Rx. The DME could give you a loaner (or cheap rental) to get you started and get used to the mask, hose, and the joyful PAP experience of rolling over in bed and hitting the dog with the device. (That's what my doc and DME did) It got me prepared for titration study so that I was able to sleep and not be disrupted by the equipment. Then the study will tell you what your "true" prescription should be. Then the DME gives you a nice pretty new model and hose and mask, and you argue with insurance about co-pays, etc.

Or, just order a cheaper autoset now, buy the attachments outright and start using it. If you need something else later, it can always be a backup for you, or your travel machine, or sell it.

Or, since you have a (old) prescription, just wave it at a supplier and tell them your current machine died or is in for repair and you need a simple replacement while awaiting permission to get a new one from your insurer..blah, blah, blah.

I realize you are hungry for a solution, but the medical establishment and insurance don't work fast. SO maybe just get a cheaper travel type as a starter kit.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good thoughts TR.
I mean even some of the ins cos are going to home study with an auto-pap and as someone wrote their doc even said sleep studies in facilities were passé
Good thoughts TR.
I mean even some of the ins cos are going to home study with an auto-pap and as someone wrote their doc even said sleep studies in facilities were passé
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,514 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,854 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,573 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Question on Sleep Study and Insurance mawaw1992 11 904 10-29-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.